Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

[Autogen] California - Work in Progress

The Autogen for California is now ready.

>>>> If you are interested, you can download it here

Read the text file carefully as it requires extra autogen definitions.

890693CalifornieO81.jpg

125384CalifornieO81volcan.jpg

287123Californiefuji.jpg

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

The autogen pack for California is now hosted here:

>>> On F-BMPL.com

Strange to see that US simmers are not interested to enhance their VFR country scenery... No interest in this thread :blink:

Maybe because it's freeware:huh:

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

51 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Strange to see that US simmers are not interested to enhance their VFR country scenery... No interest in this thread :blink:

Maybe because it's freeware:huh:

I think, perhaps, because few fly with photoreal?  Could I suggest a couple of videos showing metropolitan areas, rural areas and, perhaps coastlines?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That is not true, many people fly with photoreal, especially us VFR pilots. I think the problem is that there are many commercial alternatives on the market already and in some cases included with the product. I for one use UltimateVFR for California and it includes both the photoreal and a great autogen all in one package. And for those that use Megascenery for California the Nuvecta autogen product has been on the market for some time with both autogen trees and buildings.

Mike    

Downloading now a to take a look at your results.  I take it all the data is from OSM?

thx for the scenery!

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

No, I'm using various sources to complete OSM which is still quite poor. See the readme. I found a great vegetation source which allows 36 different species!

You should also fly in North and East of San Franciso to see vegetation covers. (North Sierran, North Interior, North Coast East, South Sierran...)

I have found an issue with one vegetation species (error in one of my script), I'm currently computing a fixed version.Hopefully It should be available during the week-end.

Roland

For those of you who are using FSDT KLAX v2, I've merged my autogen with LAX surrounding area autogen for a good integration without hole.

>>>> You can get here the modified files for FSDT-KLAX texture folder.

Just copy and replace original FSDT .AGN files.

Beware that after each FSDT Update tool run, you'll have to make the copy again as it revert back AGN to original ones.

Roland

Hi Roland,

what photo scenery do you use? In your screenshots above it looks really good. I use Megascenery California V3 and in the wooden area it´s much too blue in my opinion. The green of the trees is rather turquoise than tree-green.

Thanks

Christian