Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

[Autogen] California - Work in Progress

Wow, that looks great!  I think it's super awesome that you're making it available as freeware.  Going to download and give it a try now. :)

This looks amazing Roland. Is it compatible with P3Dv4?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hi Roland, I also use MegaScenery SOCAL v3.0, with Ultra Res LA & San Diego on top. Is your autogen compatible with either of these photoreal packages or only the BlueSky product?

Either way it's absolutely amazing work.

Cheers.

I'm going to start downloading the Blue Sky freebies and look forward to seeing how the autogen works.

But I want to express a big Thank You for the efforts involved!

My exuberance was tempered after a while, sitting there wondering why the download map looked a little odd. Then I realized that the NE section of the state was cutoff well before the border with Nevada. There's not much out there TBH, but it is pretty country and makes for a scenic tour.

Way back when..., I had some photo work for all of the north but I'll be darned if I can find where (and if?) I stored the BGLs. I could attempt to fill in the missing area, but physical issues makes that a larger task than it might normally have been.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:24 AM, roland_lfor said:

Thanks, I'm waiting your feedback :)

Remember to open the ReadMe as you need to install additionnal autogen definition!

Back after doing some FSX cleanup from installing some third-party libs that change wayyy too much...

Went out east of LA where I had spent some years and flew west towards KLAX. Initially I was only admiring 'some' autogen and looking for LAX from afar. Then as I got into the 'basin' I looked out the window and had a OMG moment! Houses everywhere at Very Dense setting. All neatly lined up along the streets, stretching far into the distance. Certainly one of the more real moments I've experienced in many, many years enjoying FS products.

Looking forward to exploring more of the many parts of the state and still haven't decided if I want to fill in the NE portion that is missing. And seeing if I have any afcads for airports not already done?

Installation was fine, once I got de-orbixsized. Well done, Roland. A thumbs-up from me!