Sign in to follow this  
codetrucker

Jerky Aileron Roll on Short Final Jinx

Hello,

First off, I respectfully request that no one directs me to solve my problem by "upgrading" to FSX.  I like FS9 and want to stay with it.  Thank you.

I have been experiencing an anomaly in my use of FS9 and no search I have done  has provided any clues.  I am hoping I may find a resolve with your help.  Here goes a typical scenario which has no rhyme nor reason except it happens...

• I am on final using ILS and once I am on short final just before the arrival end of the runway the aircraft will initiate a jerk-bank (aileron roll) to the left or right, but mostly left. 
  • Each "jerk" is roughly 10-20 degrees which causes the aircraft to crash.
  • The frequency seems to be about one occurrence   
  • It also happens on takeoff, but it is rare. 
  • Nothing I have tried so far has shed any light.

This has been happening for years on every computer on which I have installed FS9 and on numerous installs on each computer.  Oddly, this only happens on my installs.  The other members of my family (we all sim-fly, including my wife) have never had this issue. I have attempted to Isolate the differences between my computers without success.  If I was superstitious I would be concerned about being jinxed, hence my playful allusion in my subject line. :)

Going forward and barring any silver bullets to remedy this conundrum...

1. To continue flying as many different flights with as many different aircraft to as many different aerodromes as I can and keep meticulous records. establishing some data that can be duplicated, hopefully.
  2. Delete my existing FS9 installation and addons.
  3. Clean out the registry, files, folders, etc.
  4. Perform a clean, default install and test fly against the scenarios recorded in #1 above.  I am hoping this will prove to be free of the anomaly but if it does happen I can be pretty sure my addons are safe.
  5. If the default install proves not to have the bug, I will add one single addon at a time and test against the scenarios until I discover the culprit.

If you have read to this point I wish to express my gratitude for your interest and any help you can provide.

Standing by...

Calvin

If you are using Active Sky weather it could be the wake turbulence setting. Turn it way down or off completely.

30 minutes ago, Buck293 said:

If you are using Active Sky weather it could be the wake turbulence setting. Turn it way down or off completely.

Buck - That makes perfect sense!  I never even noticed ASE, etc. had "wake turbulence" simulated. Actually, it sounds like a neat feature if I can get it to work right.  Regardless, if this is not the culprit I will advise.  If my issue is actually resolved I will report back later.  Thanks!