Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

KATL AFCAD or Freeware Scenery for v4?

Anyone know of a halfway decent AFCAD or freeware KATL scenery for P3D v4?  All the previous AFCADs I used to use in FSX to add the 5th runway, taxiways, and new terminal, unfortunately don't work in v4 (uneven terrain, autogren through taxiways, etc.).

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

7 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Anyone know of a halfway decent AFCAD or freeware KATL scenery for P3D v4?  All the previous AFCADs I used to use in FSX to add the 5th runway, taxiways, and new terminal, unfortunately don't work in v4 (uneven terrain, autogren through taxiways, etc.).

Thanks.

I use this one.  still works in v4. 

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxafcad&DLID=195841

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Yeah, that's a great one.. all up to date.

I used to recommend Imgainesim, but they left me high and dry after numerous emails and i just can't support such a developer.  I've read elsewhere that others don't get responses to emails to them either.

Their product is decent (though a little hard on the frame rates... but then again it is a huge airport), but insofar as dealing with people I'd have to rate the pretty bad and I won't recommend any developer who ignores emails.

Thankfully, FlyTampa has KATL under development. If what they did was Amsterdam (anothe huge airport) is any indication of what KATL will be like, it will be FANTASTIC, with excellent frame rates.

To be fair, Imaginesim has their 4th version of KATL in the works, but I'll not bother with them again.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've had a need to interact with Imaginesim last year over a KATL issue and they were very reponsive and even today I see that KATL has been revised for V4 and includes SODE jetways created by 12bPilot for Imaginesim.  I'll stick with them awhile longer.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 9/11/2017 at 6:15 AM, jason99vmi said:

Are all of the taxiway signs aligned at weird 45 degree angles on purpose or am I missing something?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

9 hours ago, jotafl said:

I did install this with the P4AO and everything works except I am seeing the transparent taxiways. Do I have to use the ADE to fix this?

Thanks

Yeah if taxiways are missing just use ADE to Reset the flags and save.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

3 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

Yeah if taxiways are missing just use ADE to Reset the flags and save.  

Thanks Jason, worked like a charm. :)

Jay Marin

39 minutes ago, jotafl said:

Thanks Jason, worked like a charm. :)

Hello, can I have a quick how to on re-setting the flags?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

40 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Hello, can I have a quick how to on re-setting the flags?

Hi Jose,

I see you have v4, make sure you install the P3D SDK file for v4 from the LM website.

Also, you need to install ADE v1.75 (which supports P3Dv4).

Install the SDK to a folder of your choice (I installed mine away from the FS drive,  my P3D resides in E:\ so I installed SDK in C:\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.1.7.22841 but it can be in any folder.

Then install ADE 1.75, mine went to C:\ADE\Airport Design Editor 175 and I think this one should be outside your flight sim drive (not sure though).

When you run ADE for the first time a wizard will open, make sure everything is correct there.

Then on youtube do a search “P3D FIX: Invisible Taxiways! SOLVED! ENG” and follow the instructions and you should be running ok. If you find a problem, leave a question. Take care.

• Upvote 2

Jay Marin

1 hour ago, jotafl said:

Hi Jose,

I see you have v4, make sure you install the P3D SDK file for v4 from the LM website.

Install the SDK to a folder of your choice (I installed mine away from the FS drive,  my P3D resides in E:\ so I installed SDK in C:\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.1.7.22841 but it can be in any folder.

Then install ADE 1.75, mine went to C:\ADE\Airport Design Editor 175 and I think this one should be outside your flight sim drive (not sure though).

When you run ADE for the first time a wizard will open, make sure everything is correct there.

Then on youtube do a search “P3D FIX: Invisible Taxiways! SOLVED! ENG” and follow the instructions and you should be running ok. If you find a problem, leave a question. Take care.

Thanks I downloaded all the files.  I'll look for the video and give this a try this evening.  Thanks for the help. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

I wasn't happy with any of the freeware KATL sceneries so I just rebuilt the default KATL using ADE for P3d4.  I will most likely get the Fly Tampa version of KATL when it is released.  The default isn't bad, just needed to add the new runway/taxiways and a couple of buildings.  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 11/09/2017 at 1:15 PM, jason99vmi said:

I have missing default buildings, only the jetways and the additional Fly Delta Jets hangar that was named in the ReadMe file show up in my scenery.

Does anyone have any ideas of what has gone wrong?
(Screenshot of problem here: https://i.imgur.com/91K2mpY.png)

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 hours ago, jotafl said:

Hi Jose,

Worked great for me too! Thanks again.  

Jose A.

20 hours ago, F737NG said:

I have missing default buildings, only the jetways and the additional Fly Delta Jets hangar that was named in the ReadMe file show up in my scenery.

Does anyone have any ideas of what has gone wrong?
(Screenshot of problem here: https://i.imgur.com/91K2mpY.png)

Thanks.

I had this issue long time ago but can't remember how I fixed it, maybe this post can help you out? Hope it does.

Jay Marin