There have been a number of simmers asking for recommendations on controllers. I have four Saitek controllers purchased over three years ago, and generally have had no problems. But now that Logitek has acquired the company, have discovered that support for the Saitek devices is virtually non-existant. For some reason today, my PC stopped recognizing any of my Saitek devices. The general recommendation is to download and re-install the drivers. The Logitech download site does not have the 64 bit version for all of the controllers. It did have the 64 bit driver for the Throttle Quadrant, but when I ran the installer, it does not complete. It locks up at one of the "Next" prompts Anybody have any suggestions?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

29 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

But now that Logitek has acquired the company, have discovered that support for the Saitek devices is virtually non-existant.

I cannot generally agree to that statement. I use SPAD.neXt and as such I am not dependent on Logitech/Saitek drivers anymore. However, I lost the black knob from the Saitek quadrant. After not finding anyone being able to provide a spare knob in several fora, I asked Logitech support via their support page and as a result was sent a replacement knob (actually a set of knobs) free of charge from them, which I found quite great.

Thus, Logitech support did work very well, at least in my case.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Michael,

I am using P3d V4 with Windows 10, and have not used SPAD.next. I don't understand what it does. The website is very vague and does not list support for P4d V4. What does it do that the drivers from Saitek don't and how does it interface with the P3d controller assignment pages? Why would it be better than the original drivers? I have also never used Saitek software programming  interface to program my Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, and rudder pedals as in the past with FSX with assignments worked fine with the setup within FSX. However I cannot get the assignments to work in P3DV4, because the list of assignments appears to be common for all three controllers, not independent as in FSX and the button numbers are identical in some cases, leading to one assignment overwriting the other.

To me if I cannot resolve the P3d issue I am dead in the water and will not be able to use the program.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Clark

SPAD.neXt does all what the Saitek drivers do, and much more. You can configure all knobs and switches, i.e. functionality FSUIPC can do, too. In addition, you can use 3rd party advanced FIPs beyond those provided by Saitek (e.g. from the Fsxtimes and and Fipgauges websites). You can run all Saitek stuff (Panels, FIPs and all controls) networked via a loptop relieving the main machine. You can save your settings (for knobs, levers, gaues etc.) in profiles on a per-plane base. It has special support for advanced planes like A2A and PMDG etc.

I should admit it has a certain learning curve. However, there are preconfigured profiles online available to load into the tool and forum and author are very helpful. I have been using it from its very beginning a few years ago, and after I got how to use it, I'll never return to the Saitek drivers (which you can btw. deinstall completely). And yes, I use it for Prepar3d4, FSW, and XP11 on a networked laptop (both machines Win 10).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, AviatorMan said:

There have been a number of simmers asking for recommendations on controllers. I have four Saitek controllers purchased over three years ago, and generally have had no problems. But now that Logitek has acquired the company, have discovered that support for the Saitek devices is virtually non-existant. For some reason today, my PC stopped recognizing any of my Saitek devices. The general recommendation is to download and re-install the drivers. The Logitech download site does not have the 64 bit version for all of the controllers. It did have the 64 bit driver for the Throttle Quadrant, but when I ran the installer, it does not complete. It locks up at one of the "Next" prompts Anybody have any suggestions?

OP - I also had a sudden Windows 10 Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Throttle issue this week.  I've been using Saitek with FSX and now with P3Dv4, assigning functions through FSUIPC for a long time and except for the Saitek driver temper tantrums, have been very happy.  This week, probably after an auto windows update, the yoke / throttle wasn't being recognized any longer.  I re-installed the 64 bit drivers and software and still no joy. 

What finally worked is:  

1. Open Device Manager and see if there is an "Unknown" device listed.

2. Right click and open that device properties

3.  Select "Driver" then "Update Driver"

4.  Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" then "Let me pick  from a list..."In the box that shows compatible hardware, choose USB Input Device (Not the Yoke item...)

5.  Close everything up and my yoke came back to life.

Hope that works for you.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11