Sign in to follow this  
ellisr

Transponder Not working?

Hi, been trying to use this aircraft on pilotedge and the transponder is not being recognised.  Works fine on all my other aircraft.

Any thoughts?

Glad someone else noticed. On All "literally" 101 aircraft I own EXCEPT this one, my ELITE avionics will control the transponder. This one has to be done with the mouse AND even when it is tuned in the stock FSX ATC does NOT respond correctly. THIS IS THE ONLY aircraft with this problem. I tried finding a transponder which is like this on ANY of the Alabeo or Carenado aircraft. If so it could be swapped out and would function correctly. I remember this one is digital. I used to swap out the ADF's on a lot of aircraft "alabeo,carenado" with the 2 frequencies showing the active and backup and it had the new timer installed. It came out on one of the newer aircraft and I liked it so much it was a simple swap. There MAY be another transponder but I spent 15 minutes and did not find one, so I think this is a first digital one of its kind and THUS it should have stuck to earlier protocol. Untested most likely 

As best I can tell, the transponder does not transmit its TX code to P3D.  It is a "dummy"..

Edit: Fixed in my V2.2. mods

• Upvote 1

Bert

I've just been told that my transponder fix overrides the transponder in the GTN.. and that is indeed true.  I do not know how to make two transponders in the panel play nice together..

For now, the stand alone transponder gauge is the master, but if you would rather use the GTN transponder (exclusively), you can revert to Carenado's version, by removing the "V4" part on the transponder gauge line in the panel.cfg file. :happy:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Update, based on Raller's suggestion, the transponder is now the master only when in ON or ALT mode.

Otherwise, the GTN is the master..  (V2.4.)

Bert

Radar Contact 4 was also having this issue. After asking them about it, it looks like (by using the FSUIPC magic they recommended to check it) the transponder only reports 1200 to P3D.