Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The Rift Experiance

Feeling a bit silly today, but still, this is a pretty good approximation of my first time in the Rift.......... :ha:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That's it exactly! I'm not a gamer, flight sim is all I do in VR, in fact I have never played any other game on a computer other than flight simming. I've been doing that since the middle 80's started on a TRS 80 Model I upgraded to the model III and have been upgrading ever since. LOL. I had been following Oculus Rift for some time waiting for the right time to jump, which turned out to be now. 

• Upvote 1

I have to say that my first experience with the Rift was much better than expected. Really blew my mind. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

On 9/12/2017 at 5:07 AM, MikeT707 said:

I have to say that my first experience with the Rift was much better than expected. Really blew my mind. 

Ditto. I had read so much negativity about resolution etc. that I was surprised how clear it was when I tried it. 

I just got the Rift and flying airliners is great but with the Rift  and VR I think I will invest in the Alabeo sale and get the Staggerwing and the Waco and do a bit more scenery flying. 

Being able to lean out over the cockpit in an open cockpit biplane and see your wings and the scenery whiz by is breath taking.

The rez is fuzzy but the experience overcomes that for some of us. Being able to be "in" the cockpit instead of just seeing it flat on a monitor is a real trip. I was amazed at how small and cramped the Connie cockpit was in VR compared to that large, wide Connie cockpit I see on my large monitor.

The Rift sale is over and I, for one, am very happy I took full advantage of it while it was on. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

+1

Well worth it just for the immersive factor alone!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

I hope more people consider VR. In many cases the flight sim community has an "either or" mentality. VR can be something that one uses exclusively if he chooses, but one can use VR some of the time and monitor the rest of the time. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations