Sign in to follow this  
Junglemushroom

Hi and please help!!!

Hi There and thanks for having me. 

I see there is a delay for new members posting, for obvious reasons, please could you kindly activate it for me? 

I am a new flight sim chap and took the plunge with a base package set of the 800 and 900 series as i wanted FMC use for the sum of 50 quid. I installed it a few hours ago and now i am really frustrated as i am getting the following issues which i have logged a ticket for with PMDG. i have restarted/re-installed fsx steam and PMDG. i just cant figure it out :(

1. load either the 800 or 900 and the scenery keep going crazy and the plane bounces down the run way even in Cold/dark start. 

2. in multiplayer the aircraft just slams into the run way and a crash is indicated.

Please help!

Gregory  

Hello Gregory,

It seems like your hardware is not yet calibrated. I'm guessing this is the PMDG NGX we are talking about here. The best place to open a ticket is in the PMDG section here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/432-pmdg-737ngx/

Describe the issue in the header of your post, "please help" is not very eye-catching, but a description will get you better replies.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

PMDG support forums do not provide official support for their products here at AVSIM.  Submitting a ticket to PMDG is the proper solution.  Hopefully a member here will provide user-to-user support.

In the P3D settings, under realism, turn off crash detection. 

Delete the p3d.cfg, restart P3D and let the sim rebuild.  I think your default flight has been saved with the PMDG 800 crashing.

Edited by Jim Young
Changed "in the PMDG settings" to "In the P3D settings"

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

One of the things which can cause bouncing around is the mesh setting. If you put it too low a resolution, the aircraft can think it is on uneven terrain and it will then start bouncing about all over the place. It's worth noting too that stuff such as the PMDG 737 and other fancy add-ons like it tend to work better if you load up a default simple aeroplane first, such as the little trike in FSX or something similarly simple in P3D if you are using that.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Also, please tell us if it's at all airports or just one.  As Jim said, turn off crash detection...it's completely unrealistic and, to be honest, you can tell if you crash.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM