Sign in to follow this  
503Kento

Vox 7.41 not using ATIS

I'm transitioning from FSX/Vox 6.52 to P3dv4/Vox 7.41 and I'm noticing an issue.

At two different airports (KUAO, PAKT) that have ATIS service, Vox 7.41 is instructing my to call UNICOM for airport information rather than tuning to listen to ATIS.  I have verified that the default ATC lists the ATIS frequency so my assumption is that Vox would see it as well.

I'm using ORBX regions for scenery and have run the indexer a couple of times.

I've reported it via the Vox website but was wondering if it's unique to my setup or others are seeing it as well.

Kent

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Didn't you post the same issue  with KUAO with a previous version of VOXATC?

On 3/15/2016 at 3:24 PM, 503Kento said:

4) I did a quick flight plan from and uncontrolled airport (KUAO - Aurora State, Oregon) to a tower controlled airport (KSLE - McNary, Salem Oregon) just 40 miles away.

- VOX didn't' tell me to tune to the ASOS frequency at KUAO.  When manually tuned, VOX told me to go back to the UNICOMM frequency and ask for airport information which I got but was nearly impossible to understand (see #3)

It's either that there is something wrong with the ORBX version of KUAO or VOXATC inconsistently recognizes ASOS. I suppose that you could try editing the ORBX version with ADE and change the ASOS to ATIS. I can look into this further if I have some free time. The ORBX KUAO has a bunch of orphan and open links in its taxiway network but I doubt that would cause the ASOS issue with VOXATC. The ORBX version uses a "Delete Airport" syntax, so it overrides the comm frequencies contained in the stock airport:

<DeleteAirport
      deleteAllRunways="TRUE"
      deleteAllStarts="TRUE"
      deleteAllHelipads="TRUE"
      deleteAllFrequencies="TRUE"
      deleteAllTaxiways="TRUE"
      deleteAllAprons="TRUE"
      deleteAllApronLights="TRUE"
      deleteAllControlTowers="TRUE"
      deleteAllJetways="TRUE"
      deleteAllBoundaryFences="TRUE"
      deleteAllBlastFences="TRUE"
      deleteAllApproaches="TRUE"/>

Jay, man you have a good memory, I don't remember that post at all.  

I think I misused ASOS at KUAO as I believe it is ATIS at least that is what is says with default ATC.  Sky Vector shows both are available but a lot of things have change since ORBX did PNW.  I'm fairly sure I was getting instructed to tune to ATIS since that initial post.  I got the same thing at Ketchikan PAKT.  Both are uncontrolled so maybe that is the issue?

I ran the Vox Demo VFR flight at was told to tune ATIS. 

If you can find a solution that would be great.

thanks

Kent

I checked the ORBX ADE file for KUAO and the weather comm type listed in the file is ASOS:

Type		Name			Freq
	APPROACH	PORTLAND		126.000
	ASOS					118.525
	CLEARANCE	PORTLAND		119.950
	DEPARTURE	PORTLAND		126.000
	UNICOM		AURORA STATE		122.700
	CTAF		AURORA STATE		122.700

I think that the default ATC never says "tune ASOS", but rather it always says "tune ATIS", no matter which way that the comm is coded.

I have a feeling that VOXATC doesn't use ASOS as a  comm type. I'll test a few more  "ASOS" airports and see what I can figure out, but your best bet is to turn on error logging in VOXATC. Upload err.log to the cloud. Then contact the developer via the official website and send him a link to your log file.

Thanks for digging into it Jay, I'll do as suggested. 

Kent