Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Ultralights

Does anyone know a good source for ultralights that work in Xp-11, payware or freeware?  In P3d I have an ultralight trike I created in FSDS2.  I am looking for something similar in performance, with about a 45-63 mph cruise speed, 5 gallon tank, matching the part 103 specs here in the US.

John

Yeah this might be up your alley

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/519800-got-a-new-toy/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

X Plane 11 comes with the Aerolite 103 which is a FAA Part 103 legal ultralight.  Empty weight less than 254 lbs, 5 gallon fuel tank.  Stalls around 23 - 25.  Has flaps. True 3 axis controls.  Fun little plane to fly.  I've spent many hours in XP11 with it.  

2 hours ago, KennyC865 said:

X Plane 11 comes with the Aerolite 103 which is a FAA Part 103 legal ultralight.  Empty weight less than 254 lbs, 5 gallon fuel tank.  Stalls around 23 - 25.  Has flaps. True 3 axis controls.  Fun little plane to fly.  I've spent many hours in XP11 with it.  

Yes, since I posted this thread last year Xplane added the Aerolight 103 and it fits my Ultralight needs just perfectly.  As a former UL Trike pilot I can say the flight model is spot on, with the stall and cruise speeds quite nice.  Only problem is one can not trim it well for straight and level flight, the trim bottoms out too soon so some back pressure is required to climb well or in cruise.  Having not flown the Aerolight in real life, I cannot say if that is true to the real thing.  The trikes I have flown were not trimmable, one used the body and arm pressure to manage cruise speed and climb speed in them which works quite well.  I have a trike I made for MSFS that works from FS2002 on up to P3DV4, although it does not appear quite right in FSX around cumulus clouds.  It is available in the Avsim library with many liveries and model types (with fairing, wheel pants, wing struts and without).  Being a trike pilot I can say I got the flight dynamics spot on for it, but it was made in FSDS 2 way back when with no way to port it to Xplane11--lost my source when my old computer died on me last year, right before I licensed Xplane11.

John

The Aerolight is pretty good, but vSkylabs is updating one of its trikes in the near future to be an exact replication of the Aeros 2.  I expect that may be the new top ultralight to fly.  I have his trikes.  They are pretty good.  I like the Polaris the best, and his Micro-hopper ultralight is the best of the ultralight bunch he offers so far.  His gyro is pretty darned good as well.  Best job of getting gyro flight dynamics in the sim I've come across.

I've tried the Pottier 130UL, but I wasn't that impressed.