Sign in to follow this  
pred02

AI Traffic no visible at certain addon airports

Hi,

I am using an AI addon package with lots of AI traffic at most major commercial and addon airways. However, I noticed at certain large airports (Aerosoft Malpensa, LatinVFR Barcelona and Jenna Soft LFLL) that I cannot see any traffic. These airports have a lot of gates and traffic but no AI. The only pattern I noticed is that for these airports I used to have old scenery addon that I replaced with newer addon (I.e. aerosoft Barcelona replaced with LatinVFR version).

Any reason why I don't see AI traffic? How would you go about diagnosing the problem?

I would run a program like, Simple Airport Scanner, to see if you have these airports on your system. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was thinking about what Jim recommended as well, only for a different reason.  It may be possible that someone who created the scenery used an FS9 model as a static aircraft.  If so, it will prevent ALL AI Traffic from displaying when that airport is loaded.

HERE is a link to an AVSIM thread in which this is discussed and a link is provided for one of the many tools that can help you sort this out.

Best wishes my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I think that you meant that the scenery could contain FS9 AI flight plans. 

3 hours ago, pred02 said:

Hi,

I am using an AI addon package with lots of AI traffic at most major commercial and addon airways.

What package are you using?

If the models are not FSX native then it could be that you need to turn off the option in the FSX UI called Aircraft Casts Shadows on Ground. Some airports will cause FS9 AI models to become invisible if you have that option turned on.

As mentioned, the other issue could be that you have a mix of FS9 and FSX AI flight plans mixed together which could also cause the issue, but if your seeing AI at some airports but not others, then I believe it's the shadow issue.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

If the models are not FSX native then it could be that you need to turn off the option in the FSX UI called Aircraft Casts Shadows on Ground. Some airports will cause FS9 AI models to become invisible if you have that option turned on.

As mentioned, the other issue could be that you have a mix of FS9 and FSX AI flight plans mixed together which could also cause the issue, but if your seeing AI at some airports but not others, then I believe it's the shadow issue.

indeed, which package? if it is traffic 360 then you do an airport dump inside FSX and then import all new airports into traffic 360 and there will be traffic, another reason can be that the addon airports have to much parking spots predestined to some airline company which isn't in the AI package, in that case you have to rework the afcad with ADE and change every spot into all trafffic

Herman

On 9/11/2017 at 11:42 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

Three packages are problematic:

Aerosoft Milan (LIML), LatinVFR Barcelona (LEBL) and Jennasoft Lyon (LFLL). For the first 2, I used other addon scenery before and traffic worked. For Barcelona, I saw one aircraft (cargo). All other aiports with addons have loads of traffic. I am using bespoke AI. 

Let me try a few options mentioned above and will let you know.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

Uh Oh,  I had a bad feeling from the start about where this is heading!  "I am using bespoke AI".

I might have a translation for that AI Package!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 9/11/2017 at 4:36 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

I think that you meant that the scenery could contain FS9 AI flight plans. 

Yes sir, all to true!  Thanks!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.