Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

FO and crossing runways problem

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem whilst using MCE and PF3, both are fully up to date. 

I have done two flights now where I have had to cross another runway to get to the one that's active. What I am finding is that all my clearance etc and taxi clearance is fine, until PF3 gives me a " callsign, your clear to continue taxi at next runway". Once I get that I then find that my FO stops responding to ATC, I have tried asking him to "contact ATC" and see if that kicks him back into life, I have tried taking the radios myself and then handing them back to my FO. 

But no matter what I tried to do he seems unwilling to continue talking to ATC. So I'm not sure if the "callsign, your clear to continue taxi at next runway" is not that common and hasn't flag up with many people. But it might be one that will catch people out if you come across it. 

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has come across this. 

Rob

I did not have that runway crossing situation very often lately but on the rare occasions I did not have problems.

Do you use the PF3-MCE.ini option or are you still using the closed captions? I seem to remember there was a problem with the closed captions while TGS is active in PF3.

Hi Ralf9636.

I am currently using the pf3-mce.ini and closed captions at the same time. The thing that sparked there was an issue to me was when my FO failed to respond to the cross runway. My FO was fine with aircraft commands however and performed flawlessly.

Maybe try with closed captions turned off during taxi and see if the problem occurs again.

Also have a look at the clearance.log file in the PF3\logs folder and see if the runway crossing clearance shows up there. That might help to find out if it is an MCE or a PF3 issue.

Hi Ralf9636,

I have had a look at that clearance log for PF3, it does show that I had cleared to continue taxi (Jersey 3570 cleared to Continue Taxi at the next runway intersection)

But thinking back to that last flight, I also remember that my FO stopped tuning radio frequencies as well. I had to prompt him to tune them each time, its almost like after the continue taxi instruction he stopped seeing the info coming in from PF3, be that via the INI or closed captions.

Rob