Sign in to follow this  
jimh

Sound in P3D4?

Hi,

I have a clean install of Win 10, clean again of P3D4, and little else on the computer.  P3D4 has been performing well for me with no problems until I used the new installer plus activation code to install the Carenado B1900D (a favourite aircraft in P3D3).  Installed without a hitch, the aircraft flew perfectly but from that moment on I had no sound in the sim.

I uninstalled the B1900D, restarted the computer, and all sound is now restored.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Did the install change P3Dv4's Default Playback Device?  Did the OS's Default Sound get changed during the install of the B1900?  Now that sound is working again, check to see how your OS and P3Dv4 are currently configured, reinstall the B1900, and then check the sound configs of the OS and sim again.

Good luck,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Yes it did make both changes, and when I changed them back the sound did not return.  I got sound back only after closing P3D, restarting the computer, and resetting the sound configuration.

I've checked both settings, installed the B1900D once again, and this time it did not change the sound settings and sound is ok.

Very strange, but who cares.  It works!  :biggrin:

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.