Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Can't get XP11 to recognize my trim buttons

I love XP-11, great visuals, great flight dynamics.  But for some reason it does not see my AVR8 joystick.  P3D has no problems recognizing my joystick. I would manually add the entries into a cfg file if I knew what to do.  I use buttons 3 and 4 for my trim in P3d.  I've went thru the calibrations several times but the buttons weren't recognized.  Flying is maddening without being able to trim my aircraft, are there keyboard shortcuts?

John

Your joystick was probably not added to the list of pre-stablished hardware settings. I assume is coming later.

Still you should be able to configure it following this guide.

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/joystick-troubleshooting-x-plane-11/

Map one button to:  sim / flight controls / trim / pitch trim up

Map one button to: sim / flight controls / trim / pitch trim down

note: about keys, yes you can go to Keyboard tab as well on the settings and assign those commands said above to the 2 keys of your liking. Each key clic will be the same than each button clic.

Manuel Merelles

12 hours ago, mmerelles said:

Your joystick was probably not added to the list of pre-stablished hardware settings. I assume is coming later.

Still you should be able to configure it following this guide.

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/joystick-troubleshooting-x-plane-11/

Map one button to:  sim / flight controls / trim / pitch trim up

Map one button to: sim / flight controls / trim / pitch trim down

note: about keys, yes you can go to Keyboard tab as well on the settings and assign those commands said above to the 2 keys of your liking. Each key clic will be the same than each button clic.

My joystick displays and the axis were recognized, but Xplane does not read any of the button inputs.  For the time being I am using the brackets keyboard buttons which are mapped to the trim axis, allowed me to get a comfortable flight in with the 172 over Florida yesterday.  I can't rave enough about Xplanes default landclass and autogen, looks very real as compared to P3d, almost like photoreal scenery, it can really fool the eyes.  I love the flight dynamics in the 172, much improved over previous versions of X-Plane, feels like the 172 I flew back in the 80's.  Only thing I don't like is the overpowered torque on the ground, it takes a real effort to keep the aircraft straight on the ground when thrust is applied.  I know Planemaker can be used to change this but I don't know what to change.

John

John