Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Fight Factor A320 looks great.

And to think there are people with tunnel vision who keep telling others XP is no good.  The FF A320 looks amazing. Can't wait.

New Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxxdwCG-M8&feature=push-u&attr_tag=UHPcpmIjtWKqhnsi-6

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I don't think it's so much the add-on aeroplanes which are not good, it's the other things about XPlane 11 which make people say that, i.e the lack of a really decent flight planner, less than brilliant AI, less than brilliant ATC and weather which needs sorting out and a really good weather add on too. To be fair, some of that does now appear to be on the way, such as HiFi looking at doing a weather add-on and a new AI add-on on the way too. Yes you can tart it up with some of the JAR design stuff and Goodway etc, but as much as that is possible, we're not there yet with all the pieces of the puzzle, because some of those things just don't fit well together, and those things are payware products.

I'm a big fan of the Flight Factors A350, it's great, easily on par with most airliners you can get for ESP-based sims, but it, like other airliners in XPlane 11, such as the Aerosoft CRJ which is cool too and has been cool since it came out for XPlane 10, all whilst everyone was crying about not having one for FSX or P3D, is hamstrung by being in a sim which currently lets it down with regard to a lot of the peripheral stuff I mentioned; stuff which is necessary to really do such add-ons justice. This makes it difficult to replicate airline flights as well as can be done in FSX, P3D and even FS2004. I wish it were not so, because XPlane 11 gets cool frame rates, has fab lighting, and has those nice realistic undulating runways etc, and as I say, I think flight Factors did a great job on their A350 and I really am a big fan of it, so I've no doubt the FF A320 will be even better, but some of the supporting stuff has been promised by Laminar since before XP 10 came out, and that's a long wait, so unfortunately that nice A350 sits in my virtual hangar, because I got tired of being vectored into mountains by the less than brilliant (payware) ATC add-ons and not being able to insert routes into a flight planner because the (again payware) flight planner thought the major European airport I was routing to did not exist when it was indeed right there in XPlane 11.

Thus I imagine that new A320 will indeed be great, but until it lives in a sim world where all that other stuff is on par with it, it's going to make it a tricky decision whether or not to buy it if it becomes another brilliant hangar queen let down by other add-ons. So I just hope all that other stuff is forthcoming, because if it is, that new A320 would be a no brainer purchase and I would cheerfully blow the dust of XPlane 11 and start using it again, because the competition that would engender would see Lockheed Martin, Laminar and Dovetail having to really push the envelope to keep people playing and paying.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks really good. I agree with you Alan xp has some nice planes my disappointment is the scenery its not the same as it is on p3d wish I had flightbeam or flytampa and of course the atc ai weather etc etc maybe this add-on will bring in even more people to x-plane.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I call BS on everything. My opinion, only thing keeping people away from x-plane is pmdg and orbx. ATC is deplorable in fsx/p3d... same problems, leaves me on a 100 mile final, forgets me, doesn't let me takeoff because 60 aircraft are landing. At least you don't even have decent 3rd party action other than allowing for real AI but atc sucks. Weather, again p3d doesn't even have a built in real weather engine, it requires a 3rd party developer. I know xEnviro has its cons and critics, but I've had times flying with it, unbeatable by any other developer including hifi, grant it there are things missing but it's not as serious as some people make it out to be. 

Seasons- garbage in fsx and p3d, living in Nyc, I see snow coverage maybe 3 weeks out of the winter, in the sims, 4 straight months. I hate that. I hope that LR can figure out a way to develop a real season. But giving that as an excuse is simply bs. 

Scenery, with Ortho and w2xp overlay, nothing currently in fsx or p3d comes close to looking like all 5 Boros and the surrounding counties. 

I use to think as a real world pilot, that fsx and p3d was the be all end all. Then I had 1 really fantastic flight in x-plane 10 with the flight factor 777, can never replicate that feeling in p3d. 

Reading forums and people bickering back and forth and putting out stuff like lack of AI, atc, weather, seasons, aircraft, scenery, I sat down and reevaluated both sims. The above answers what I found with regards to atc and AI. Most people say they fly online for p3d, you can do that with x-plane. Weather, can be better in x-plane and may have a nudge in p3d but only do to active sky, again I've had better immersions with xEnviro in some cases. Scenery, a lot of good scenery out there and I never have an issue with this but people are sold on orbx. 

So so I narrowed it down to aircraft, the one thing that people keep bringing up, is pmdg level aircraft, whatever that exactly means because even their aircraft have short cuts and none are truly study level. There are really good aircraft in x-plane and p3d not developed by pmdg, but I believe that until pmdg gives its blessings on x-plane, p3d will be people's choice. Quite frankly, I've been flying in vr lately, and p3d looks way to cartoonish and early 2000s. I am more immersed in x-plane 11.

This concludes my thought, I know it's a controversial opinion but it's my honest thought about it. I don't hate p3d, I own in, I fire it up sometimes but turn it off almost instantly when my pmdg 737 looks and feels, I don't know, off. Same with the pmdg 777. Which both are great aircraft but they can't convince me that p3d is better. 

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, Silverbird said:

Looks really good. I agree with you Alan xp has some nice planes my disappointment is the scenery its not the same as it is on p3d wish I had flightbeam or flytampa and of course the atc ai weather etc etc maybe this add-on will bring in even more people to x-plane.

In my opinion XP scenery is better then P3D and most is free!

• Upvote 7

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Looks very nice.

I already have the 320 in P3D (at least as soon as FSL releases the V4 version) and it's one of my top aircraft, so I'll not be in the market.

Good news for XP exclusive flyers. The Airbus is a lot of fun and not Boeing (for a change.)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

No need at all to turn an A320 news into another XP vs P3D thread. Just take what you enjoy most.

Will be quite interesting to take the FSLabs 320 and the FF 320 into a direct comparison. 

• Upvote 4

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I think its sad that that on a post that announces what could be a very important plane for X-Plane 11, the first reply is basically a tirade against X-Plane's other issues. Sure it has its issues, but then as Petabread pointed out, so do FSX and P3D. Its replies such as Chock's on X-Plane posts in X-Plane forums that fuel the animosity between simulator users. 

• Upvote 9

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Every time I try to go back to P3D I realize how expensive it is to add nice effects and scenery.   As an XP convert I have a hidden desire to keep XP on the outskirts of the simming community.  This way those that hate XP stay with P3D, FSX, Aerofly and FSW and continue to send loads of money to developers that sell mostly mediocre products.  I say keep that money pit over there!  XP is a beautiful sim that keeps getting better because the community is so dedicated, knowledgeable and helpful.  I have XP running more realistic and efficient at 1/10th the cost of FSX and P3D (I speak from experience).  I hope the XP community doesn't lose it's niche when all these developers realize there is an untapped market and start selling us unfinished and overpriced products.  Indeed, XP devs sell stuff that is not always ready for prime time but, truthfully most of the add-ons I have are either free or I created myself (Ortho XP).  I've never been so happy with a sim!!!  

"XP word not allowed"

• Upvote 1

Please keep this discussion about the A320 and not P3D vs X-Plane.

• Upvote 2

Actually Alan's post was in direct relation to the very first sentence of the op!

He was simply pointing out that it is not usually the aircraft that make or break xplane, it will be the other available add ons that currently aren't all there in the same quality and functionality.

I'm looking forward to this new Airbus as there are things in the other Sims that are really bugging me at the moment. Is there a price yet?

Chris

On 9/12/2017 at 5:54 AM, yidahoo said:

I think its sad that that on a post that announces what could be a very important plane for X-Plane 11, the first reply is basically a tirade against X-Plane's other issues. Sure it has its issues, but then as Petabread pointed out, so do FSX and P3D. Its replies such as Chock's on X-Plane posts in X-Plane forums that fuel the animosity between simulator users. 

And I think it's sad that you completely glossed over the fact that my comment was a reply to the opening comment about people not liking XPlane because they have tunnel vision, rather than what it was, which was a valid comment replying to that opening statement, and pointing that as good as the add-on will doubtless be, it is other issues with the base sim's add-ons and lack thereoff which will affect its usability, and going on to point out that I hope these are addressed. So the comments were not a pointless tirade against XPlane's issues as you suggest, they were in direct relation to what would affect the A320 add-on's usability.

Thus mine was not an inflammatory post about issues between sim users, that's up to others to do that if they want to indulge in it. I was pointing out that my other Flight Factors airliner was stymied by the same points which may affect this A320 too, and you will notice, but also studiously ignored, that I said it would be a no brainer purchase for me if they were sorted. But sure, go and try to turn those valid comments in relation to the new FF A320's utility into the pointless animosity you are pretending you don't like witnessing, but are instead actually fueling.

I would hardly have bought the Flight Factors A350, Goodway, JAR Design's FMC and air traffic control stuff etc, if I was somehow after decrying XPlane just for the sake of it, would I?

These are presently issues with XPlane 11, and they do affect its utility with IFR flights for airliners even when such add-ons themselves are excellent, so these issue do warrant comment if they will affect what can be done with even an excellent add-on aeroplane. I am not averse to pointing out issues with other sims either if they are there and affect their usability too, such as P3D not having downloadable weather without paying for an add-on to have it do that when the sim it was based on had that by default, so it's not some anti-XPlane crusade I am on, far from it, I've bought pretty much every version of XPlane there has been. 

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, tutmeister said:

I'm looking forward to this new Airbus as there are things in the other Sims that are really bugging me at the moment. Is there a price yet?

Chris

Not final price yet, but it has been said it will be under 100.

Manuel Merelles

Very nice, on par with the (other airbus).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

13 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Not final price yet, but it has been said it will be under 100.

Yep, probably 99.99 :biggrin:

• Upvote 2