Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

What spoils this shot?

1 hour ago, edetroit said:

The problem is AES is the only decent pushback etc software for FS9

FS9 has an SDK ... in the words of Captain Picard ... "make it so".  The SDK is for all to use and is not restricted to developers, invest in some reading time and you'll be enjoying that towbar.  

Cheers, Rob.

18 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

FS9 has an SDK ... in the words of Captain Picard ... "make it so".  The SDK is for all to use and is not restricted to developers, invest in some reading time and you'll be enjoying that towbar.  

Cheers, Rob.

Haha.  You all know so little about FS9 and AES. The SDK is not enough.

A genius (I forgot his name) dug deep deep into the workings of FS and made a module which made AES possible. This chap is no longer interested in FS which is why Oliver has a problem getting it to work with anything other than FS9 and FSX.

edit. I'm guessing you do not know me Rob. "I am a make it so" person and have been through all the SDKs. 

58 minutes ago, edetroit said:

You all know so little about FS9 and AES. The SDK is not enough.

Possibly, but I would imagine carefully select object replacements using the same GUID would do it?  It appears the distance is correct so just update the visual object adding a long towbar ... finding the GUID might be tricky.  A hack perhaps, but not exactly the first time hacks have been implemented.  In other words I don't think you need to change the core of AES, just replace some of the referenced elements ... gotta some tools SDK or 3rd party dev tools to ID what you need.

Cheers, Rob.

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In other words I don't think you need to change the core of AES, just replace some of the referenced elements

That was exactly my thought process. Forget the towbar... I wanted to address AES's random selection of trucks.

I could not find a way to get AES to use the same truck all the time.