Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sylvester

Pushback

I’ve had a really good look in this forum and I haven’t found an answer anywhere. Hope I'm not asking a second time...

I’m on P3Dv4 and for the last couple of flights the pushback tool (despite being configured with “90” in the turn angle field) is just pushing me straight back then stopping for no apparent reason. When I then click ‘stop’ on the console I can taxi as normal… but of course I'm pointing the wrong way.

Does anyone recognise this behaviour? Is there a common error I’m making? Like I say, I couldn’t find anything in the forum…

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the PMDG forum. Please note that their rules require our full names on all posts.

Are you referring to the push back feature in the FMS FS Actions menu? Did you select Left or Right?

To be honest I rarely use this feature, although better than nothing I prefer to use GSX for push back because it actually will put you on taxi center lines and is highly customizable (my spell check didn't like that).

Dan Downs KCRP

20 hours ago, Tom Sylvester said:

bit confused, since my full name is on my post as far as I can see. 

Not quite. Your full name appears to be in your username, yes, but that isn't the same as being in the post, in which appears you've only signed as "Tom."

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Dan, how do you avoid that nose wheel shaking that exists with P3D v4 and when pushing back with the 747 and 777 in GSX?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

22 minutes ago, ahuimanu said:

Dan, how do you avoid that nose wheel shaking that exists with P3D v4 and when pushing back with the 747 and 777 in GSX?

Apparently this is something that not happens on all users. It happens on my machine but does not happen on a friend of mine. I have just used to it and ignore it :)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, ahuimanu said:

Hi,

It happens also in my sim. I believe it is related to the fact that when GSX "puts the locking pin" it doesn't actually isolate the steering gear of PMDG's. There is nothing we can do as far as I understand.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Same as Romain, I just ignore it. Besides, I'm busy during the pushback lighting and monitoring the engines and checking position and don't watch the rudder pedals.

Dan Downs KCRP