Sign in to follow this  
Manny

GNS 530W small airports not showing.

I was flying around PNW and I was not able to D to Orbx airports (The small airports).  

Is it some settings I have to do on the GNS530 or this because the underlying DB do not have these small airports?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

The database uses the RW Garmin Trainer software - so if it's a real airport in existence since the date on the dbase - it should be in there...

There is a setting to set what kind of airports you want to display - as a dirt 2000 ft strip doesn't help a Lear at all - probably under map settings menu or something like that - not in front of a unit at the moment...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Manny,

The database uses the RW Garmin Trainer software - so if it's a real airport in existence since the date on the dbase - it should be in there...

There is a setting to set what kind of airports you want to display - as a dirt 2000 ft strip doesn't help a Lear at all - probably under map settings menu or something like that - not in front of a unit at the moment...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

YEah..thats what I thought and I messed around with the Menus and could not find it... And here is the manual.

https://www.nifc.gov/aviation/BLMsmkjAC/Garmin530_UG.pdf

I kind of scanned through it and  could not find it either.

Hmm....

Manny

What date database are you using? Garmin did delete smaller airfields from their worldwide database sometime in 2016 due to size limitations of their database.

David Porrett

5 hours ago, Manny said:

I was flying around PNW and I was not able to D to Orbx airports (The small airports).  

Is it some settings I have to do on the GNS530 or this because the underlying DB do not have these small airports?

What airports are you looking for? So I can check.

22 minutes ago, bills511 said:

What airports are you looking for? So I can check.

I was comparing the default G500 and the reality xp530 screens and the G500 were showing more small airports.

Can you see the following airports? or even do a direct to and type in that 0S9 and hit enter.

0S9 Jefferson Co Intl

S43 Harvey

2W3 Swanson

S45 Siletz Bay State

3W5 Concrete Mun

Just a few

Manny

24 minutes ago, Manny said:

I was comparing the default G500 and the reality xp530 screens and the G500 were showing more small airports.

Can you see the following airports? or even do a direct to and type in that 0S9 and hit enter.

0S9 Jefferson Co Intl

S43 Harvey

2W3 Swanson

S45 Siletz Bay State

3W5 Concrete Mun

Just a few

I'm finding them on the original database supplied. You must be using a newer database - see my post above.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, Manny said:

0S9 Jefferson Co Intl

S43 Harvey

2W3 Swanson

S45 Siletz Bay State

3W5 Concrete Mun

Just a few

My 1606 database doesn't include those. The database that comes with the units Oct. 09 does have them. What database cycle are you using?

I am not sure.. I have to go home this weekend to find out.

Manny

4 hours ago, Manny said:

And if I'm not mistaken, these are the manuals for the non-waas GNS. You rather use the manuals for Trainer 3.3 included and installed along the Garmin trainer instead.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)