untsCFR.jpg

g3n4XPP.jpg

sLqAaT5.jpg

reXs7p2.jpg

Hz7kIlE.jpg

cbfTNBX.jpg

IvyUlJO.jpg

Thanks for looking, please feel free to comment...Darryl

Great looking screenshots.  I live in Phoenix and can vouch for the realism from above.

John

Very nice color and textures...flying over the real world is kind of special!

HLJAMES

I live in Dallas but wouldn't term it as an urban desert. In fact, there is nothing in Dallas that resembles desert, like cactus, Joshua trees, bare sandy areas, etc. It's actually pretty lush with lots of trees, grass, and plenty of rain.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 9/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

I live in Dallas but wouldn't term it as an urban desert. In fact, there is nothing in Dallas that resembles desert, like cactus, Joshua trees, bare sandy areas, etc. It's actually pretty lush with lots of trees, grass, and plenty of rain.

Sorry, I believed the downloaded scenery..... the same mistake Orbx made with SoCal since Los Angeles & San Diego are mostly green through irrigation (depicted brown).  

On 9/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

Yes, Dallas is a transitional area from the arid west to the lush southeast.  When I've flown from Phoenix to Orlando Dallas has always been a landmark as you can see the landscape change.  I've worked in Dallas before, setting up a reservations interface for Doubletree at one of their hotels.  It was quite cool, they put me and my colleague in the two bedroom presidential suite, which had Jacuzzis in each bathroom.  I was there to debug the interface and write code as needed to keep the interface running, a pilot of sorts.  The Doubletree hotel staff was very appreciative of the work we put in and remained in contact with me for the duration of my employment with the company.  We weren't far from the Galleria, so we visited there during our free time. That was back in late 95 as I recall.  I left Doubletree when they moved their HQ from Phoenix to Memphis, went on to work for Best Western as an instructor after that.  I logged a lot of flight miles for both companies, flying once a week to projects in the States and in Canada.  I found out I was going to be a Daddy when I was in Ottawa in 1999.

John