Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Dynamic Lighting V4

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

I have days like that.....many of them.....but then I'm an old grump. :angry:

Don't we all... I think i'm less grumpy at the moment as i have a beer in my hand and football is on... :happy:

Just now, Mejjo said:

Don't we all... I think i'm less grumpy at the moment as i have a beer in my hand and football is on... :happy:

Now THAT'S the way to do it!  Enjoy! :biggrin:

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I noticed switching Dynamic light on and off  in the controlpanel during flights can upset my system and can corrupt the shaders.

Also major performance differentcies in scenerys thats supports it vs those who dont. No issues with landinglights at FT EHAM for instans. 

Running 4K in SLI here. Maybe SLI also has an disadvantage with this feature? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

8 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

I will try the SSAA settings in P3D, I always believe in trying different things and listening to a variety of people based on their experience. I only usually listen to those with almost the exact same specs or as you mentioned above it is pointless. I feel very silly to of not tried the settings in there already but i will give it a shot. 

No need to apologies at the end there :biggrin: I can understand exactly what you mean.. FSX is almost completely forgotten so its all good. haha

I myself love the SSAA option from P3D (I use 4x with my GTX1080 on a 1080i monitor and things never looked this good before!) and at least you can turn it on and off without having to close the sim so it's indeed worth a shot!

And I am happy you didn't take my post the wrong way. I am also a bit older, though not as old as vgbaron :happy: but I notice I can be grumpy too already. It wasn't meant personal in any way and I am happy to didn't take it that way. :happy:

1 minute ago, J van E said:

I myself love the SSAA option from P3D (with my GTX1080) and at least you can turn it on and off without having to close the sim so it's indeed worth a shot!

And I am happy you didn't take my post the wrong way. I am also a bit older, though not as old as vgbaron :happy: but I notice I can be grumpy too already. It wasn't meant personal in any way and I am happy to didn't take it that way. :happy:

Absolutely not :) I think that's a problem these days.. Some jump the gun and instantly want to argue.. I get frustrated with similar things so i'd be a hypocrite to get annoyed lol.

8 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Ah! I have a beer (or two) waiting for me in the fridge and I am going to watch soccer in some 15 minutes so I am in good company here! :happy:

I'm waiting for the service pack where I think LM are addressing DL. There is much talk about how to set DL up on other forums. The fix for now is I believe is to in the sim set aa to 2xmsaa and use Nvidea inspector for your AA. I think the issue is the lod radius of DL needs to be more local.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

3 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Absolutely not :) I think that's a problem these days.. Some jump the gun and instantly want to argue.. I get frustrated with similar things so i'd be a hypocrite to get annoyed lol.

Internet conversations depend a lot on the internal filters of people. I read somewhere that communication is 5% verbal and the rest we get from things like tone of voice, body language etc etc, which are lacking in a forum.

Thank god we have smileys :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

-Roland

The written word can be difficult to understand at best. Now throw in non native English speaking users and google translate and you could have a recipe for disaster. 

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

23 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The written word can be difficult to understand at best. Now throw in non native English speaking users and google translate and you could have a recipe for disaster. 

Vic

:laugh:

André

I am living comfortably at 4X and dynamic lighting.  Some jaggies on some aircraft but not so bad when panning around.  The dynamic lighting just adds a nuance into the sim that I can't live without.

John

14 hours ago, J van E said:

But ok, anyway, what I was wondering: why the heck are you using nVidia Inspector?!?

I have read many posts that refer to people doing this and I also wonder with the added value is.   In my view, NI is placebo at best with V4.   With a half decent graphics card, there really is no need for it.

The fu

18 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I have read many posts that refer to people doing this and I also wonder with the added value is.   In my view, NI is placebo at best with V4.   With a half decent graphics card, there really is no need for it.

Agree,

The future is DX11 / DX12 shaders and renders, I believe PTA is implementing this technique, I personally use Re-shade 3.08 and I have improved the P3D V4 views / looks at 0.05 FPS cost, you can apply sharp filters, color levels, bloom effects and or sort of filters to improve the looks of the sim.

I hope future version of P3D will start using more DX techniques that will increase the look and feel of the sim, again another hope :blush:.

Regards,
Simbol

45 minutes ago, simbol said:

I hope future version of P3D will start using more DX techniques that will increase the look and feel of the sim, again another hope :blush:.

It often seems to me we flightsimmers are constantly living in hope. We are a hopeful bunch. (Which is taking it from the positive side...) :wink:

16 minutes ago, J van E said:

It often seems to me we flightsimmers are constantly living in hope. We are a hopeful bunch. (Which is taking it from the positive side...) :wink:

There is more chance of fulfilling hopes these days.  We have 64 bit, we have DX11 and we have an actively developed P3D platform. First world leisure problems....