Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Will GTX 1050TI Cut it for V4?

Title says it all.. looking for possible Graphics card upgrade for V4... I would like to not break the bank. The 1050 seems pretty good and not too expensive...

Thoughts?

Not sure if you can compare it to the 1080 Ti which I got for about $1200 AU. If it's comparable then go for it - it's pricey but worth it. Whenever I approach a large metropolis, which is virtually everywhere, I can't help exclaiming "Look at all the DATA." That's what 11GB VRAM will do for you.

To put this in perspective I've got P3Dv4 and I've also got a Ryzen 1800X CPU - 8 core SMT enabled, and I expect that both a Samsung 960 Pro and 32GB System RAM will be a great help too.

Mike Beckwith

I recently replaced my dead GTX 650Ti SC with a EVGA GTX 1060 (6GB version) and it works great. I am running P3Dv4 at a resolution of 1920x1080.  I would recommend you get a card with sufficient memory. i think the 1060's are affordable with great performance.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Yes EVGA GTX 1060 6GB do the job...

PC Specs: Base: GYGABYTE GA-Z170X G1 Gaming | Memory RAM: 8GB (4GBX2) 3000MHz DDR4 | Hard Drive: 2TB SATA-III 7200RPM HDD | Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Superclocked 6GB GDDR5 | Processor: I7-6700 CPU 4.00GHz | Windows 10 Creator 64 bit Operating System | Operating three Monitor
addons: ASP4,FS Real Time ,Navigraph,My Traffic Professional,PMDG 777x ,FSUIPC5,Super Traffic Board,EditVoicepackXL,VFX Central!

But you'll be happier with 8GB VRAM...minimum. So will P3Dv4.

31 minutes ago, Psybear said:

But you'll be happier with 8GB VRAM...minimum. So will P3Dv4.

I agree...but at the time the cryptocurrency mining nonsense caused issues with the price and availability of the GTX 1070's. I had my heart set on a MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 but I was not gonna pay $650-$700 for a $420 GPU. Even now the prices of the GTX 1070's are still a bit high.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Thanks guys for the advice. I think the 1060 might have to be it. $900 for a 1080ti is beyond ridiculous in my opinion..

I have a 1060 although it has just 3GB of VRAM.  P3d 4 runs very well on it, very smooth with no tweaks applied.  My machine was advertised as a gaming machine and so far, with the video card as is, it has managed graphics intensive apps well.  CPU speed is still a big factor in performance.  My system runs at 3.6 GHZ and has 8GB of RAM.  I took a leap of faith when I purchased it but I trusted the salesperson at Fry's who helped find it for me among their machines.  I was desperate for a new system after the crash of my old one, and they helped me find just what I needed.  It's been burned in for three weeks now with no issues.

John

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Thanks guys for the advice. I think the 1060 might have to be it. $900 for a 1080ti is beyond ridiculous in my opinion..

Horses for courses as they say. You gave your parameter which primarily was 1080 resolution. If you said 4k then a 1080Ti is not ridiculous but necessary if you want DL and all the candy at 4k.

Cheers

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

I have the EVGA 1050ti super clocked version running with an i5 3570k 4.2ghz. P3D v4 runs very well with ASP4 and other various addons. Don't expect miracles with Dynamic Lighting it will kill your FPS at certain addon airports, FlyTampas Corfu being the worse. I would certainly recommend the 1050ti as a good afffordable upgrade. If you can go for the 1060 as reviews of it say you will got more performance for not too much more money.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I would follow LM system requirement recommendations:

OS= Windows 10 (64-bit)
CPU = Quad Core 3.5 GHz (Per Code) or better
Computer Memory = 4GB
Hard Drive Sapce = 40GB free and M.2 or SSD is strongly recommended
GPU Memory        = 8GB or better
Graphics Card Other = Full DirectX 11 Support.

**Source, Prepard3D website

It seems to me video memory is crucial, I imagine that when you play at higher resolutions + biggest settings (for example high resolution textures) the system requires more memory and power from your GPU.

I have monitored my GPU, temps, loads and memory usage with different settings, and when I enable DL, at night and I turn on the PMDG lights the GPU memory usage and load increase quite fast.

My GPU is an EVGA 980GTI with 6GB, I play at 1680 x 1050 (MSAA x 8) and my FPS are 40-60 FPS depending of the plane and airport I am using, with PMDG inside the cabin it stays at 30FPS with landing lights and taxi lights on using DL, but be aware I am not maxim all my settings on the sim.

Bes Regards,
Simbol

I would follow LM system requirement recommendations:....

....GPU Memory = 8GB or better

Yes, but are LM going to pay for the cost of that 8GB graphics card when I purchase a new PC? I think not :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Tony747-400 said:

I have the EVGA 1050ti super clocked version running with an i5 3570k 4.2ghz. P3D v4 runs very well with ASP4 and other various addons. Don't expect miracles with Dynamic Lighting it will kill your FPS at certain addon airports, FlyTampas Corfu being the worse. I would certainly recommend the 1050ti as a good afffordable upgrade. If you can go for the 1060 as reviews of it say you will got more performance for not too much more money.

Thank you !

On 9/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, Mitch24 said:

Title says it all.. looking for possible Graphics card upgrade for V4... I would like to not break the bank. The 1050 seems pretty good and not too expensive...

Thoughts?

EVGA Superclocked 1050 Ti with 4GB of GDDR5.  1920 x 1080 works great for me.

Got mine at Newegg for $138.99

N99WB