Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Nvidia Inspector in Pd3v4 necessary?

I am under the impression after reading a great deal about this, that NVidia Inspector is NOT NECESSARY when using Prepar3dv4!  What is the general consensus on this.  I would prefer not to use it, and hope that most of you agree with me.

Stan

I use it, but I wouldn't say it's an absolute must.  I need it for SSGS that reduces shimmering, plus I use it to limit my frames as opposed to within the sim.

• Upvote 1

I do not use it at present. Antialiasing has been essentially improved by LM and my graphics card allows using  8xSSAA in-game without a noticeable fps penalty. I don't have a 4k monitor, but 3440x1440 which is at least semi-high res to suppress most of the remaining shimmering.

On the other hand, the monitor provides 30 Hz, so I set VSync and TripleBuffer on in-game. This provides a quite fluent experience, as long as can hold the 30 fps. Unfortunately, this isn't the case on big airports with a lot of AI traffic, but NI probably can't help here either.

I found the rest of the settings like power management etc. have been rather placebo always. Thus I don't have a need to use NI at present.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have never used NI,to many choices which i don't understand,But I do use Nvidia DSR at 2x and 16 % the lower the % settings the sharper your image will be,I do not have any AA issues and sim is smooth,well worth a try

Peter

6 hours ago, spilok said:

I am under the impression after reading a great deal about this, that NVidia Inspector is NOT NECESSARY when using Prepar3dv4!  What is the general consensus on this.  I would prefer not to use it, and hope that most of you agree with me.

Stan

I don't use it.

7 hours ago, pmb said:

I found the rest of the settings like power management etc. have been rather placebo always. Thus I don't have a need to use NI at present.

Kind regards, Michael

+1

I haven't used Inspector for years. Most options are either placebo or can now be set in P3D itself.

It depends on your hardware power (GPU, CPU) and monitor resolution:

If you use SSAA within P3D with dynamic lighting ON, your fps will drop down and you may see stutters if your hardware cannot handle it.

A good compromise for moderate systems is therefore to use MSAA within P3D (which hits much less on performance when dynamic lighting is on) and use Nvidia Inspector with 2 x SSGS. You will then get the best from two worlds: less shimmering and acceptable performance with dynamic lighting on.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Thanks.  Good to hear.  I can't say that NVidia Inspector ever really helped in FSX either.

Stan

I don't know about P3D v4, but I need 4x SGSS in P3D v3.3.5 to suppress shimmering to acceptable levels @1920x1080 resolution.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 hours ago, curt1 said:

I use it, but I wouldn't say it's an absolute must.  I need it for SSGS that reduces shimmering, plus I use it to limit my frames as opposed to within the sim.

+1.  SSGS is what's needed to knock down the shimmering.  And setting Unlimited frames in the sim (while using an external limiter) yields a more balanced load between CPU cores.

Greg

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Cargostorm said:

It depends on your hardware power (GPU, CPU) and monitor resolution:

If you use SSAA within P3D with dynamic lighting ON, your fps will drop down and you may see stutters if your hardware cannot handle it.

A good compromise for moderate systems is therefore to use MSAA within P3D (which hits much less on performance when dynamic lighting is on) and use Nvidia Inspector with 2 x SSGS. You will then get the best from two worlds: less shimmering and acceptable performance with dynamic lighting on.

This is my preferred method after much trial and error (I actually alternate between 2xSSAA/8xMSAA in sim plus 2xSSGS in NI). The GPU works much harder and hits 90-100% in external view but the clouds etc. and general smoothness and clarity of view is very good.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

The latest version of nvidia inspector is not working with 384.94 win 10 pro driver.

I'd like to use 1/2 refresh rate. What version works with what driver in win 10 pro?

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:13 AM, DJJose said:

The latest version of nvidia inspector is not working with 384.94 win 10 pro driver.

I'd like to use 1/2 refresh rate. What version works with what driver in win 10 pro?

Thanks.

Mine works with 385.41 and is version 1.9.7.8.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Considering that I don't use an NVidia GPU, I can assure you it ain't necessary at all!

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, ShezA said:

Mine works with 385.41 and is version 1.9.7.8.

Tried the 385.41 drivers but could not get it to work with Ins 2.13.

Can't find v 1.9.7.8. All the versions I found to download are v 2.13.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.