Sign in to follow this  
lfishe

Help x-plane 11 will not update

When I login it tells me: An X-Plane update is available! I click on "Update X-Plane Now". It starts updating, then I get the message.The installer has finished downloading. When I click "Update X-Plane Now,"X-Plane will launch the installer and update to the latest version.. I click on the Update X-Plane Now. It begins and immediately gives UPDATE FAILED there was an error downloading the installer. There was an error launching the installer: error 3:-(-1). I click OK and my X-Plane version 11.01 64 bit goes to the opening page. I can plane the version installed, but cannot install the next version. I don't know how to get help. Please point me to a solution. 

Thank you,
Lynn Fisher

Use the installer instead which is located in the XP folder.

you can also download the latest installer/updater here:

http://www.x-plane.com/x-plane_10_installer-updater/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Thank you so much.  Even with your help it took a little bit of trial and error to get it figured out, but it would not have happened without it.  Thank you very much. Lynn Fisher

Well it did update to ver. 11.05, but the airplane, runway all the picture is diagonal on the screen. There is no way I can correct the picture.  It fly's fine, I'm just flying instrument.  Good practice I guess.  I installed a second copy on my computer and it is correct. I have installed scenery, aircraft, plugins to the first copy and I would like to not have to do it again. Any idea's are appreciated.

Thank you.

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you're having?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

9 hours ago, lfishe said:

Well it did update to ver. 11.05, but the airplane, runway all the picture is diagonal on the screen. There is no way I can correct the picture.  It fly's fine, I'm just flying instrument.  Good practice I guess.  I installed a second copy on my computer and it is correct. I have installed scenery, aircraft, plugins to the first copy and I would like to not have to do it again. Any idea's are appreciated.

Thank you.

Are you using X-Camera and or XPRealistic?

Torfi

Go to Settings/ Graphics/Main Monitor/Visual offsets. Visual offsets will sometimes get skewed for some reason, and make things look angled, usually the cockpit panel will be tilted, set everything back to 0.00 should help.