Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13SEP17] Updates Pushed for 737NGX (all) and 777-200LR/F product lines

10 minutes ago, soerennielsen said:

Lucky you Peter,

Maybe then, you could tell us the version number after this update, as, with all due respect to Kyle, Kyle do not seem to understand the problem,

or, do not want to admit there is a problem?

Hi, I was making a bit of a joke, but we did receive the updates here.....i can't check the latest version now but updates went well....and all my products for P3D v4 show up to date....777 & 737ngx.....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

37 minutes ago, soerennielsen said:

Maybe then, you could tell us the version number after this update, as, with all due respect to Kyle, Kyle do not seem to understand the problem,

Please do not add unnecessary drama into this discussion. Earlier, I provided the proper method to find the version number because you had not been specific about your actual issue - you simply asked a question about the version number, and I provided you the most accurate way to obtain the version number.

If you were to ask me the temperature at the airport, I'd point you to the AWOS visualizer out in the lobby so that you could get the most accurate number. If you had not told me you'd already looked there and that the machine was broken, that is your fault for not communicating that ahead of my answer. It is not my fault for directing you there without the provision of the additional information. Nor is it reasonable to take shots at me for not anticipating this. I cannot read your mind, and I cannot see your computer.

40 minutes ago, soerennielsen said:

or, do not want to admit there is a problem?

Again, I need to be aware that there's a problem - I can't read your mind, and I can't see your computer.

I get that you might be frustrated, but do not come at me with it. Be reasonable, be even keeled, and we'll get to the cause of the issue. Firing shots at me isn't going to get you anywhere.

RSR's very first post mentioned that it may take some time to propagate out. If you can't see the version number, the OC won't be able to download the update. If it can't download the update to the current version, then knowing if you're on, or behind, the version isn't going to help much of anything.

So, as everything propagates out across the web, please be patient.

...and while you're being patient, you may want to have a moment to reflect on how you treat those attempting to help you.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 14/09/2017 at 8:33 AM, u719826 said:

I'm in the UK and have only seen the update for the 737NGX, nothing so far for the 777.

On 14/09/2017 at 9:34 AM, soerennielsen said:

I'm in France. 737NGX updated, nothing for the T7.

13 hours ago, u719826 said:

I'm in the UK and still not seen any update for the 777, I've had the update for the 737NGX but nothing for the 777.

Kyle, can you confirm what the latest version of the 777 is, I currently have v1.10.8414.

36 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Please do not add unnecessary drama into this discussion. Earlier, I provided the proper method to find the version number because you had not been specific about your actual issue - you simply asked a question about the version number, and I provided you the most accurate way to obtain the version number.

If you were to ask me the temperature at the airport, I'd point you to the AWOS visualizer out in the lobby so that you could get the most accurate number. If you had not told me you'd already looked there and that the machine was broken, that is your fault for not communicating that ahead of my answer. It is not my fault for directing you there without the provision of the additional information. Nor is it reasonable to take shots at me for not anticipating this. I cannot read your mind, and I cannot see your computer.

Again, I need to be aware that there's a problem - I can't read your mind, and I can't see your computer.

I get that you might be frustrated, but do not come at me with it. Be reasonable, be even keeled, and we'll get to the cause of the issue. Firing shots at me isn't going to get you anywhere.

RSR's very first post mentioned that it may take some time to propagate out. If you can't see the version number, the OC won't be able to download the update. If it can't download the update to the current version, then knowing if you're on, or behind, the version isn't going to help much of anything.

...and while you're being patient, you may want to have a moment to reflect on how you treat those attempting to help you.

Kyle!

Calm down, calm down.

Sorry Kyle, if you think there is a drama, it is really created by you, as you obviously feel I have walked on your feet.

There is only a very simple question, you have not answered in your very long and "dramatic" answer.   

I will also remind you that the original post from RSR was posted more than 60 hrs ago, and the update to the 737NGX came through straight away.

That is the reason for the very simple question.

But I can see that is to much to ask for.

Sorry if you have wasted your "precious" time with this very simple question, which has still not been answered.

In the future I shall refrain from asking you any questions or mention your name.

3 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

At the day of the update my P3D v4 did not have problems. Today I cannot start P3D selecting any PMDG 777 aircraft. I can load other aircraft. The scenario screen shows a gray screen instead of the loading screen. Reinstalled did not help, any clue what is wrong? P3D v4 I notice often if it comes across incompatible files like scenery it stops loading the scenario but why would the PMDG 777 cause it? - David Lee

Bug caused by fsuipc 5.121, fixed in 5.121a - David Lee

On 9/15/2017 at 5:28 PM, soerennielsen said:

Sorry Kyle, if you think there is a drama, it is really created by you, as you obviously feel I have walked on your feet.

Sorry, but I'm not going to stand for that. You attempted to shame us for not admitting to a problem that we were completely unaware of - specifically because you had not mentioned it, yourself.

Interestingly enough, you continued down this path in this exact post by claiming that you were wasting my time (which I never asserted that you were), and that you wouldn't mention my name (for some reason).

Again, none of this additional commentary is necessary. I cannot admit there's a problem if I'm unaware of the problem. You cannot make me feel bad by claiming I think you're wasting my time when I never asserted that you did. If you prefer not to reference me in your posts in the future, that's your own prerogative, but if you'd like support here, then I'd suggest taking a moment to consider how you engage with those around you.

I'm DEFINITELY not perfect in that regard, but let's take a moment to assess the situation here. If I'm having a problem with an engine on my plane, but don't report it to ATC, and ATC starts vectoring me all over the place, I'm not going to call them out on frequency for not understanding my problem, or not acknowledging it.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Guys, do you plan to update the full installers of the 737-800 and its expansion to the 1.20.8443 version in the future?

Good Morning,

It is now Sunday in Dubai and still no 777 update. Just thought y'all would like to know.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

On 13/09/2017 at 6:14 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

We have just pushed a few small, cleanup updates that should be propagating out in the PMDG Operations Center as we speak.  (It takes a few hours to reach all sectors of the globe, so if you don't see them this instant, don't panic- it just takes a bit to boil out there...)

On 15/09/2017 at 10:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Well, we are far past a few hours, actually we are at 112 hours and still nothing?

21 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sorry, but I'm not going to stand for that. You attempted to shame us for not admitting to a problem that we were completely unaware of - specifically because you had not mentioned it, yourself.

Interestingly enough, you continued down this path in this exact post by claiming that you were wasting my time (which I never asserted that you were), and that you wouldn't mention my name (for some reason).

Again, none of this additional commentary is necessary. I cannot admit there's a problem if I'm unaware of the problem. You cannot make me feel bad by claiming I think you're wasting my time when I never asserted that you did. If you prefer not to reference me in your posts in the future, that's your own prerogative, but if you'd like support here, then I'd suggest taking a moment to consider how you engage with those around you.

I'm DEFINITELY not perfect in that regard, but let's take a moment to assess the situation here. If I'm having a problem with an engine on my plane, but don't report it to ATC, and ATC starts vectoring me all over the place, I'm not going to call them out on frequency for not understanding my problem, or not acknowledging it.

Your answers just speaks for them self!

15 hours ago, skyymann said:

Good Morning,

It is now Sunday in Dubai and still no 777 update. Just thought y'all would like to know.

Scott

On 15/09/2017 at 10:28 AM, u719826 said:

I'm in the UK and still not seen any update for the 777, I've had the update for the 737NGX but nothing for the 777.

Kyle, can you confirm what the latest version of the 777 is, I currently have v1.10.8414.

Despite all your good efforts, you have still not answered above question. 

"Yes. That is the latest version" or "No. You have to update your T7" informations would be fine. Telling the colour of bar makes no sense because I guess we all know how that works. As Robert mentioned, T7 got update but there is no clue of update.

Robert says T7 has update, operation center says no update for 777, version information says you have green bar. Who should we believe?

I also cant reach to change log of 777LR/F, fyi..

Kara.

11 minutes ago, ckaratr said:

"Yes. That is the latest version" or "No. You have to update your T7" informations would be fine. Telling the colour of bar makes no sense because I guess we all know how that works. As Robert mentioned, T7 got update but there is no clue of update.

The problem in this instance is that knowing what version you have isn't necessarily useful. Sure, if somebody gave you the version number, you'd be able to tell if the version you had was up to date or not, but if the Operations Center doesn't detect an updated version, you have no other means to update it anyway, so what else are you going to do other than sit and wait and hope that it shows up eventually. They don't update the full installers for this, I don't believe.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi Kevin,

That is why I, and I imagine many others are confused. When RSR says an update is coming out, it has never been more than 24 hours before I get it. I forget when the initial update thread came out, but it is Monday Morning here in Dubai and no 777 update. It isn't critical, but it is a bit confusing.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

5 hours ago, skyymann said:

That is why I, and I imagine many others are confused. When RSR says an update is coming out, it has never been more than 24 hours before I get it. I forget when the initial update thread came out, but it is Monday Morning here in Dubai and no 777 update. It isn't critical, but it is a bit confusing.

Perhaps better to submit a support ticket and let them know that since they don't necessarily see posts here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

My PMDG planes don't work in Steam any more. They crash the program just before it starts. Win 10. pc built for high end performance. The 737 loaded once. I hit a key on the key board, it crashed the whole program. These plane are the only ones that don't work. I've run through the updates. I even uninstalled, reinstalled. Checked the task manager for boot strap, to be cleared. I have P3d installed, but not transferable. Any help. thanks. Stan

Edited by Hardy6
Speeling

2 hours ago, Hardy6 said:

My PMDG planes don't work in Steam any more. They crash the program just before it starts. Win 10. pc built for high end performance. The 737 loaded once. I hit a key on the key board, it crashed the whole program. These plane are the only ones that don't work. I've run through the updates. I even uninstalled, reinstalled. Checked the task manager for boot strap, to be cleared. I have P3d installed, but not transferable. Any help. thanks. Stan

Why is this posted in an update announcement thread.  Please start a new topic, or you might want to go directly to PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks. I'll try it again. If it still doesn't work, how long do I need to wait?.