Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13SEP17] Updates Pushed for 737NGX (all) and 777-200LR/F product lines

18 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Error in file download - server provided abnormal response code 403

This is your problem.  The server you are routed through doesn't have a file the OC wants to download.  Put this information and your location in the world on a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, downscc said:

This is your problem.  The server you are routed through doesn't have a file the OC wants to download.  Put this information and your location in the world on a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

Just submitted the ticket.

Also, perhaps it is better from a customer point of view to just omit that first statement. How is it my problem if I am using the PMDG OC to do its intended work? I have no control over what server it chooses to go through. 

Godbless

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

39 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Also, perhaps it is better from a customer point of view to just omit that first statement.

Dan is another customer trying to help you. As such, to him, you're not a customer.

40 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

How is it my problem if I am using the PMDG OC to do its intended work? I have no control over what server it chooses to go through. 

You could, actually. In this case, I think there's something I need to help track down on our servers, but Dan isn't necessarily incorrect. There are many ways people can affect their routing outside of our (and the OC's) control: firewalls, modifications to local routing, VPNs, and so on.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

14 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Dan is another customer trying to help you. As such, to him, you're not a customer.

You could, actually. In this case, I think there's something I need to help track down on our servers, but Dan isn't necessarily incorrect. There are many ways people can affect their routing outside of our (and the OC's) control: firewalls, modifications to local routing, VPNs, and so on.

Oh, im sorry, I thought he was part of the PMDG team. But still, I think customer-customer interaction can be more respectful in that case. 

Well I certainly dont mess with my network settings except disabling firewalls :biggrin: I just let the OC handle itself.

Ill wait for it to be fixed. The plane is working perfectly anyway even without the update. Thanks!

6 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Also, perhaps it is better from a customer point of view to just omit that first statement. How is it my problem if I am using the PMDG OC to do its intended work? I have no control over what server it chooses to go through. 

I think you're reading too much into it. It didn't appear to me as though he was saying you caused it, as much as it was that you posted the error log, he quoted one line of it, and told you that that one line is where your problem was.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Aren't 403 errors 'authorisation / authentication' errors? i.e. the server has responded with a 403 deny.. and if it's responded, you're talking to it, therefore the route to it is ok (assuming you're talking to the right server of course)?  Not saying I know for sure just trying to assist..

Craig Read, EGLL

4 hours ago, craig_read said:

Aren't 403 errors 'authorisation / authentication' errors? i.e. the server has responded with a 403 deny.. and if it's responded, you're talking to it, therefore the route to it is ok (assuming you're talking to the right server of course)?  Not saying I know for sure just trying to assist..

Kinda.

You're getting to one of our servers in the network of them. Up to this point, I'd thought there was an outlier that wasn't playing ball. Looks like they're all playing up now. We're looking into it. Looks limited to P3Dv4 updates to the 600/700 at the moment.

Kyle Rodgers

g'day kyle...

Looks limited to P3Dv4 updates to the 600/700 at the moment

as mentioned on the following thread (which you've contributed to), kyprianos, tom and others (and indeed me although i didn't mention which version of p3d i was using in my contribution) are P3Dv3 users with the 403 problem - ie. it goes beyond just v4.

7 hours ago, Chris Wright said:

g'day kyle...

as mentioned on the following thread (which you've contributed to), kyprianos, tom and others (and indeed me although i didn't mention which version of p3d i was using in my contribution) are P3Dv3 users with the 403 problem - ie. it goes beyond just v4.

Try now. Fixed an issue with the list of files the updater needed to download.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Try now. Fixed an issue with the list of files the updater needed to download.

Update works fine for me now. Thanks!

12 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Update works fine for me now. Thanks!

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

1 hour ago, Chris Wright said:

yep that did it.

thanks for the heads-up.

Nice! Glad that fixed it.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I still haven't gotten the 777 update. I'm in Dubai.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

4 hours ago, skyymann said:

I still haven't gotten the 777 update. I'm in Dubai.

I'm going to need more information here.

What have you done to get the update, what are you seeing, not seeing, etc.? I can't assume anything in a support role. Always provide as much information as you can give.

Kyle Rodgers

hello guys,

Im trying to update my 777 but I got an error "Feature transfer error"

Details of my error:

Feature: FSX Version - Original Microsoft Distribution

Component: DEM

File: <FOLDER_SIM2>\

Error Incorrect: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

PS. I have issue updating the 737 also. When I open the OC I go to update section I choose update I got a little black box with letters inside but it doesnt update.