Sign in to follow this  
anden145

To and from info above planes?

Hi all,

First of all, thanks a million for your incredible contribution and addon! It's an absolute joy to see REAL and LIVE traffic. Just amazing! I have a suggestion for a change - I don't know if it's possible, though...?

I don't know if this sounds silly, but I really enjoy your addon and just sitting on the tarmac at an airport and watching the traffic. Right now, it's hard to see where the planes are coming from and going to... I was wondering - since the information is available in RealTraffic - if there were some way of incorporating TO and FROM into the information text over the planes in P3D? I don't know how, but maybe replace the info with the registration or something?

I can see the information is available from the RealTraffic application - so I would guess it would, but then again, I don't know how that information is transferred from one to the other and to P3D. Perhaps you could enlighten me/us?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hi Anders.

What you suggest is not possible. My live aircraft in your Sim do not fly according to a flight plan with origin and destination, but are "slewed through space..." so to speak.

I have no hooks to put the origin and destination info into.

I am glad that you like my app. I read that you are a pilot in a virtual airline. Do note that since version 8.0 and RT 5.0.12 you guys can fly together with the  live traffic. So you can see each other while you are surrounded by live traffic. 

Regards,

Nico

Ah okay. Thanks for the answer. It was just in RealTraffic, the TO and FROM are displayed... So naturally I thought it would be possible to grab that info, since you're getting Flightnumber and Aircraft type from there?

Oh well - it was worth a question. Thanks for the wonderful app! I'll just crosscheck with Flightradar24 instead... :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

45 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

. So naturally I thought it would be possible to grab that info, since you're getting Flightnumber and Aircraft type from there?

Yes I do grab them from there and I put them in the logging of matching. See the log file.

I could optionally generate information messages in my App, like at touch down:  "KLM1024 LHR-AMS " has landed,  and likewise at take-off, but to get it displayed in P3D is not possible.

Nico

37 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes I do grab them from there and I put them in the logging of matching. See the log file.

I could optionally generate information messages in my App, like at touch down:  "KLM1024 LHR-AMS " has landed,  and likewise at take-off, but to get it displayed in P3D is not possible.

Nico

Fair enough. Thanks anyway. 

And thanks for the dedication to our hobby. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--