Sign in to follow this  
Justin133

P3D v4 dosen't run smoothly

Hello,

I know the scenario with P3D v4 settings on maximum but it dosen't really work for me on my PC, so they are set "low" now.

GTX 1070, i7, 1 TB SSD, Win 10, P3D v4 with many, many Addons (Orbx Global, UT2, PMDG...)

My notebook does nearly have the same but the settings are much higher and the FPS works faster the only diffrent is on the notebook - Ezdok v2 and PC - ChasePlane.

Please help me to find the issue, I already had the same problem with P3D v3. :mellow:

WHAT i7?

WHICH resolution?

WHICH P3D settings?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

17 hours ago, Justin133 said:

Hello,

I know the scenario with P3D v4 settings on maximum but it dosen't really work for me on my PC, so they are set "low" now.

GTX 1070, i7, 1 TB SSD, Win 10, P3D v4 with many, many Addons (Orbx Global, UT2, PMDG...)

My notebook does nearly have the same but the settings are much higher and the FPS works faster the only diffrent is on the notebook - Ezdok v2 and PC - ChasePlane.

Please help me to find the issue, I already had the same problem with P3D v3. :mellow:

Do you have Nvidia Inspector? if so have you enabled super sampling or DSR (Dynamic super resolution)? there are issues with PD3 V4 and these settings + dynamic lighting.

Check your configuration using Nvidia Inspector, also try to reset NI to default and PD3V4 display settings to default, if FPS improve start making changes for better quality one at a time until you find the cause of your problems.

Best wishes,
Simbol

20 hours ago, Justin133 said:

Hello,

Check your driver version.  Everyone loves to install the latest and greatest driver but those are not always the best to use.  I have a 1080Ti and am actually using ver 382.33 with great success.  The newer drivers actually produced frequent FPS drops and stutters all using the exact same in game settings.  When in doubt,  always remember,  if it ain't broke then why upgrade?

Good Luck

Tony

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Do you have Nvidia Inspector? if so have you enabled super sampling or DSR (Dynamic super resolution)? there are issues with PD3 V4 and these settings + dynamic lighting.

Check your configuration using Nvidia Inspector, also try to reset NI to default and PD3V4 display settings to default, if FPS improve start making changes for better quality one at a time until you find the cause of your problems.

Best wishes,
Simbol

Hello simbol and thanks for the answer. I think that would be the solution but now I can not find my Nvidia Inspector anymore. I had it some days ago but it's gone?! There is only GeForce Experience now.

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

Check your driver version.  Everyone loves to install the latest and greatest driver but those are not always the best to use.  I have a 1080Ti and am actually using ver 382.33 with great success.  The newer drivers actually produced frequent FPS drops and stutters all using the exact same in game settings.  When in doubt,  always remember,  if it ain't broke then why upgrade?

Good Luck

Tony

Hi Tony and thanks too for your answer. I know what you mean. But anyway my Nvidia Inspector is deleted and GeForce told me to install the newest version and it shows only the newest.

I've got version 385.28 installed.

Just now, Justin133 said:

Hello simbol and thanks for the answer. I think that would be the solution but now I can not find my Nvidia Inspector anymore. I had it some days ago but it's gone?! There is only GeForce Experience now.

Hi Tony and thanks too for your answer. I know what you mean. But anyway my Nvidia Inspector is deleted and GeForce told me to install the newest version and it shows only the newest.

I've got version 385.28 installed.

No harm in "rolling back" to a previous driver.  Just use a "clean" installation during the process.

Tony

11 minutes ago, Tony P said:

No harm in "rolling back" to a previous driver.  Just use a "clean" installation during the process.

Tony

Okay but how can I do this? So on wich page? There's only the Homepage and Driver.

1 minute ago, Justin133 said:

Okay but how can I do this? So on wich page? There's only the Homepage and Driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

There is a link for BETA and Older drivers ( see above )  Just slip in your card info and they will be listed.  Download and run as administrator.  Remember to choose a "clean" install.  

Dont get the beta.  Look for the ....

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL382.33 May 22, 2017

It should be listed.

52 minutes ago, Justin133 said:

Download the NI again so you can check or reset the settings.

All the best.

Simbol

2 hours ago, Tony P said:

Good Luck

Tony

Did u check your GPU % when using the newer drivers?  I am experiencing abnormally high GPU usage causing me frame rate issues with the newest driver.  Just curious if u had the same issue.  1080ti user as well

Matt Wilson

25 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Did u check your GPU % when using the newer drivers?  I am experiencing abnormally high GPU usage causing me frame rate issues with the newest driver.  Just curious if u had the same issue.  1080ti user as well

I didn't notice that to be honest.  What I experienced was FPS drops to zero every minute or so,  which caused a major spike which I just couldn't live with.  Once I rolled back they were gone.  I have almost all settings maxed out expect Autogen draw distance (Medium).  Unlimited frames No VSync and 8xMSAA.  No road traffic or ships.  AI is set to 50% using Ultimate Traffic Live.  Not using NI either.  

Hope this helps.

Tony

Ok, so I've did it. And it works not really better. :mellow:

50 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

No, I haven't. I don't know how to do that.

22 minutes ago, Tony P said:

I didn't notice that to be honest.  What I experienced was FPS drops to zero every minute or so,  which caused a major spike which I just couldn't live with.  Once I rolled back they were gone.  I have almost all settings maxed out expect Autogen draw distance (Medium).  Unlimited frames No VSync and 8xMSAA.  No road traffic or ships.  AI is set to 50% using Ultimate Traffic Live.  Not using NI either.  

Hope this helps.

Tony

I understand you but for me it works just a bit faster. But not smooth enough with max settings. My traffic was turned off now...

Mmh any other ideas? Another / older driver maybe?