Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Z

Update Problem

I posted this in the update thread above, but its probably better as a separate thread.

I opened the Op Center, which told me I had 3 updates.   I clicked on the NGX update, got the notification that it was downloading and then the Op Center disappeared from my screen.  fter some searching I discovered that Bitdefender's  advanced scan had identified OC and the 738 update as malware.  I had Bitdefender restore the file, but it's not in the OC anymore.  Not sure what my next step is. 

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try this: Close OC.  In Program Files (x86\PMDG Operations Center run OpsCenterUpdater.exe.  This should replace any files removed by your AV.  Open OC and see if it works for you.

Unless you lurk in the dark places on the web you really don't need that AV..., Windows Defender does the job as well and it doesn't demolish the OC.  You AV may still cause problems even if OC is exempted, keep this in mind.

Dan Downs KCRP

Tried it.  The updater ran and updated OC, but the updates aren't there.  Bitdefender says the OC files are infected with a virus called Gen: Cariant Fake Alert 11.  Think it wold be best at this point to uninstall OC and start again. 

Don't lurk darkly, but have paid for Bitdefender sub and will not renew it.

Edited by Bob_Z

Bob Zolto

45 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Don't lurk darkly, but have paid for Bitdefender sub and will not renew it.

I've been strongly recommending removing after-market (non-Win Defender) anti-virus programs. As someone who taught Security+ in the past, I find it odd to recommend removing the "extra" protection, but at this point, after-market AV causes more trouble than it attempts to solve. They have gotten insanely aggressive in the last year alone.

I will grant them that our OC is downloading an executable file, and that executable file then downloads a bunch of other files onto your computer, which looks like a virus of some sort. All the same, the fact that a lot of these AV programs simply delete stuff without warning, or ask you if the program you're using is a legit program is very off-putting.

If you don't feel like removing it entirely (Win Defender is more than enough for a home user, honestly), then at least reel the AV program in by telling it to ignore the OC.

Kyle Rodgers

I wasn't going to get rid of it, but then it jumped on another file.  That did it and it's gone. 

I am re-installing my PDG products (had an issue with NGX anyway).

• Upvote 1

Bob Zolto

Hi

I'm having issues getting the updates i don't use any aftermarket AV, my OC is not showing any updates at all. OC ver.1.17.25 ive tried manually updating but the updater seems to try connecting to server then just closes without doing anything? Im in the europe UK gone through various post and tried what they all suggest to no avail any help would be great..

Mark W

53 minutes ago, jaguar63 said:

Hi

I'm having issues getting the updates i don't use any aftermarket AV, my OC is not showing any updates at all. OC ver.1.17.25 ive tried manually updating but the updater seems to try connecting to server then just closes without doing anything? Im in the europe UK gone through various post and tried what they all suggest to no avail any help would be great..

Mark W

Almost all posts suggest that AV software be mitigated.  Either removed or disabled. You didn't mention specifically if you did that so "tried what they all suggest" would better help others help you if you were more specific.

Dan Downs KCRP

43 minutes ago, downscc said:

Almost all posts suggest that AV software be mitigated.  Either removed or disabled. You didn't mention specifically if you did that so "tried what they all suggest" would better help others help you if you were more specific.

Dan,

I run Win Def and Malwarebytes (paid version) and have not had any problems with updates.  

As I've said before all my problems are self-induced. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

8 hours ago, downscc said:

The only A/V I use is Windows defender and set a exclusion rule for the pmdg folder and exe files. I tried removing all the files apart from the updater exe and run that still same opens tries to connect then closes without doing anything. 

26 minutes ago, jaguar63 said:

The only A/V I use is Windows defender and set a exclusion rule for the pmdg folder and exe files. I tried removing all the files apart from the updater exe and run that still same opens tries to connect then closes without doing anything. 

Something is blocking your connection then. We're not using any special ports, so there's something in the way of your routing.

Kyle Rodgers

I recall several resolved their OC communications issue by turning off IPV6 protocol.  Apparently there are still some service providers that are still limited to IPV4.

Dan Downs KCRP

I shall have another tinker when home from work can't understand everything else internet wise works fine cheers for the help

This is what im getting tls 1.2 but when i looked its not disabled at all even did a check online and tls is working fine.  screenshot_168.jpg

I feel your pain man I have NEVER been able to do anything with Ops Center. It will update itself but will not update my DC 6 or download any liveries. I have gone round and round with one of the support guys via tickets with no solution. I have done everything, completely uninstalled my Avaria, turned off windows defender reinstalled ops center and nothing worked nothing. All I want to do is update my DC-6 and download one measly Pan American livery. I haven't even bothered to take the DC-6 around the pattern since I bought it 4 weeks ago because of this I am completely frustrated. I don't know what the issue still is nor where to fix it. I get no warning or messages from my antivirus software just grayed out download buttons for liveries and when i try to update the DC-6 it shows the download par and poof instability disappears. I just hope somebody has some kind of way to help me.

This solution worked for me after many hours of torture.

im using win10 latest version. turn off ipv6 in your ethernet properties restart pc  hope this helps..

screenshot_169.jpg

regards Mark W