Sign in to follow this  
MANSpotter99

Prepar3D v3 Crashing. Windows Update KB4038788 (Updated Information)

Thanks, I just removed the update and P3D no longer crashes when loading up at Heathrow. I've dropped my mesh complexity down to 38m so hopefully that might help with flying over the Alps. It's just mainly those random crashes when climbing out with no Event Viewer that are the worst.

LM is strangely quiet about their official response with the MS update causing issue.  Most users uninstall the KB to get their sim working again.  Although the issue does not affect the core sim, LM should contact MS officially about this.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks for this heads up. Being a newbie I naturally assumed it was something I'd done. I uninstalled the Microsoft update and normal service has been resumed.

5 minutes ago, SimPilot221 said:

Hoping for an alternate solution. 

I agree.

Although this seems to fix the problem for most people it's not really a solution but rather a workaround since the fix other than causing this issue also addresses a number of other things.

Personally I'm hoping MS and LM will work together on this but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen and especially since it only seems to affect P3Dv3.

Richard Åsberg

Hello,

It seems like a lot of people are bugged today with CTD and I think that the Windows update from last night/evening is responsible for this.

I just deinstalled Windows update KB4038788 and now after the first test P3Dv3 is running again like it should.

Give it a try when you have today CTD out of a sudden

On 14/09/2017 at 8:06 PM, longrangecruise said:

Hi,

are you on W10? Have you recently update your OS? I watched Chewwy's stream on Twich today and he had a similar problem. By reverting back to the previous Windows install he got it sorted out.

If yes, then maybe give it a try. 

Thanks for the top! Will try this and see if it arranges thing. 

Louis

On 9/14/2017 at 6:36 AM, zkerr8 said:

Uninstalling (and blocking) the windows update appears to be the fix.  You guys saved me countless hours of aggravation trying to problem solve this beast.  Thanks to everyone on this forum for chipping in and sharing their experiences!  I would have gone mad without you!

Can you tell how to block the update? I uninstall that update but now I cannot turnoff the PC because when I try to turn off the PC I see options- Update and turnoff the PC and again and and restart the PC. The only option left is to put the PC to sleep without updating it.

Thx 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

6 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Can you tell how to block the update? I uninstall that update but now I cannot turnoff the PC because when I try to turn off the PC I see options- Update and turnoff the PC and again and and restart the PC. The only option left is to put the PC to sleep without updating it.

Thx 

See a couple of posts up.

Richard Åsberg

10 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

See a couple of posts up.

thought  that  this  is  fixed  since  i believe  that  ms  has  released  a update  that  fixed  this  issue  that everyone  has  had  issue  with ctd  etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

22 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

thought  that  this  is  fixed  since  i believe  that  ms  has  released  a update  that  fixed  this  issue  that everyone  has  had  issue  with ctd  etc

I don't know but I hope you're right. Easy to test by unblocking...

Richard Åsberg

I too uninstalled and blocked KB4038788 but now see this in the Windows 10 Update screen "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates." I could not find an update to KB4038788. I thought a fix would have a new KB number.

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I don't know but I hope you're right. Easy to test by unblocking...

it  was   mentioned  in another  thread  that i had read last night

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg