1 hour ago, him225 said:

Does this also improve the appearance of AI landing lights or is planned?

Hello,

Thanks for the interest, this is planed for the professional edition along with the taxi lights and other features.

I am currently working with the landing lights effects, and the custom effects event engine to control them.

Lots people are not aware that landing lights effects are attached to the AI models and the ESP engine overrides these effects (it ignores and overrides the landing effects indicated by the AI developer) with hard coded algorithms, most of the developing time for the professional edition is being dedicated to override this behaviour from the ESP engine.

All is going well, but it is a very slow process.

Best regards,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if the final release payware version (which I will certainly buy) will have a little bit more gentle brightness of the strobe lights on the ground. Currently, the strobe lights illuminate the ground even in full sunlight, which is... well... a little bit too much. Might be a limitation of the engine though...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

23 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I wonder if the final release payware version (which I will certainly buy) will have a little bit more gentle brightness of the strobe lights on the ground. Currently, the strobe lights illuminate the ground even in full sunlight, which is... well... a little bit too much. Might be a limitation of the engine though...

The final version will give the end user the opportunity to adjust the level of the AI lights to their liking.

For example: 

Strobes Effects Intensity: 

Decrease 50%

Decrease 25%

Default (Recommended)

Increase 25%

Increase 50%

Same thing with nav lights and beacon lights, the exception could be landing lights as these are hard to tweak but it will depend of my results during beta tests later this year.

The idea is to allow people having different screens settings or personal preferences to adjust their simulator to their own hardware and needs.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, simbol said:

Hello,

Thanks for the interest, this is planed for the professional edition along with the taxi lights and other features.

I am currently working with the landing lights effects, and the custom effects event engine to control them.

Lots people are not aware that landing lights effects are attached to the AI models and the ESP engine overrides these effects (it ignores and overrides the landing effects indicated by the AI developer) with hard coded algorithms, most of the developing time for the professional edition is being dedicated to override this behaviour from the ESP engine.

All is going well, but it is a very slow process.

Best regards,

Simbol 

Thanks for the info, looking interesting. This may not be related to AI lights but do you also intend to work on improving other aspects of AI by any chance? For eg I am very much interested in a next generation aiseperation program (current which dates back to 2005 that works on fsuipc) which would work with simconnect and have couple of bugs fixed, with support for user aircraft.

1 hour ago, him225 said:

Thanks for the info, looking interesting. This may not be related to AI lights but do you also intend to work on improving other aspects of AI by any chance? For eg I am very much interested in a next generation aiseperation program (current which dates back to 2005 that works on fsuipc) which would work with simconnect and have couple of bugs fixed, with support for user aircraft.

Yes, if you visit my official website you will see I have plans to address AI traffic behaviour.

But I am focusing currently in the AI lights professional edition.

Many thanks for you interest in my products.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

That sounds really interesting and has me excited. Would be eagerly waiting more info on that.

Regarding the AI lights, sorry for another curious question - since you are working on overriding quirks of the ESP engine, would it also possibly be able to overcome the randomness factor and maintain sync in the strobe/beacon flashing within each AI, while keeping the randomness among the AI? It seems some addon user aircraft that have lights fx defined in the model are able to maintain the flashing pattern which makes me think hopefully it might somehow be possible with AI as well.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, him225 said:

That sounds really interesting and has me excited. Would be eagerly waiting more info on that.

Regarding the AI lights, sorry for another curious question - since you are working on overriding quirks of the ESP engine, would it also possibly be able to overcome the randomness factor and maintain sync in the strobe/beacon flashing within each AI, while keeping the randomness among the AI? It seems some addon user aircraft that have lights fx defined in the model are able to maintain the flashing pattern which makes me think hopefully it might somehow be possible with AI as well.

Thanks

I am performing some experiments with this, but I don't like promising things that cannot be done, so I don't want to tell you it can be done at this stage.

I might need help from LM or better SDK tools to be able to achieve this goal.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

What an incredible add-on!  I look forward to purchasing the Professional version upon release. 

• Upvote 1

Hi, this is great and I'll definitely buy the payware version when it arrives.

I am seeing the strobes on each wing of the same aircraft flashing separately on occasions (not together). Can anything be done about that?

Cheers,

CK

28 minutes ago, Charlie Kilo said:

I am seeing the strobes on each wing of the same aircraft flashing separately on occasions (not together). Can anything be done about that?

Hi Charlie,

This question has been answered before, this due to how the ESP engine works and I am performing some experiments to see if I can improve it, however I cannot promise anything at this stage as I can only work with the limits imposed by LM SDK.

I am glad you are enjoying the product.

Best Regards,
Simbol

On 10/15/2017 at 1:53 AM, simbol said:

Hi Charlie,

This question has been answered before, this due to how the ESP engine works and I am performing some experiments to see if I can improve it, however I cannot promise anything at this stage as I can only work with the limits imposed by LM SDK.

I am glad you are enjoying the product.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Hi Simbol.

Any chance in the paid for edition you can get your lights to work with FSP ai planes? FSP lights are hard coded in the model but they are very dim at night.

Thanks

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

Hello @Mr_LoL,

What particular lights are you talking about? navigation lights? Landing Lights?, etc.?

In any case AI Lights reborn payware edition will allow end users to adjust the overall intensity of AI lights to their needs, however please be aware that I cannot correct faults with AI models as these can only be done via the original developer.

For Prepard3D all AI models need to be developed in accordance with LM SDK V4 & V4.1 guidelines, these state that AI lights need to be attached either using 3DS Max attachment points and correct materials for lighting or using the Aircraft.cfg configuration file indicating the lights location offsets in feet's.

There are a lot of AI Models that have been converted from FS9 and do not comply with the new requirements from LM SDK, also some of the models I have inspected from FSP AI planes are not attaching the AI lights with the correct settings and techniques required by LM.

On this regard I can avail that UTL (Payware), Global Traffic (Payware) and AIG (Freeware) are using the approved techniques specified by LM in order to allow AI models to work correctly under PD3 V4 and V4.1.

Best Regards,
Simbol

28 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hello @Mr_LoL,

What particular lights are you talking about? navigation lights? Landing Lights?, etc.?

In any case AI Lights reborn payware edition will allow end users to adjust the overall intensity of AI lights to their needs, however please be aware that I cannot correct faults with AI models as these can be only be done via the original developer.

For Prepard3D all AI models need to be developed in accordance with LM SDK V4 & V4.1 guidelines, these state that AI lights need to be attached either using 3DS Max attachment points and correct materials for lighting or using the Aircraft.cfg configuration file indicating the lights location offsets in feet's.

There are a lot of AI Models that have been converted from FS9 and do not comply with the new requirements from LM SDK, also some of the models I have inspected from FSP AI planes are not attaching the AI lights with the correct settings and techniques required by LM.

On this regard I can avail that UTL (Payware), Global Traffic (Payware) and AIG (Freeware) are using the approved techniques specified by LM in order to allow AI models to work correctly under PD3 V4 and V4.1.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I was talking about all the lights on FSP models. They are really dim at night and Missi who developed the planes stated it's a bug with P3D. 

Another thing is the lack of wing lights ie red on the right wing green on the left wing. I can't see these lights with your add on.  Anyway thanks for your utility.                  

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.