Hi Simbol,

First off - I tried your package fairly recently - wow - I'm impressed - superb effort and I really like what I see... Thanks so much for doing a freeware version and sharing with the community - realize it's a prelude to a payware version...

Two things:

Have you ever looked into the wigwag landing lights - where the lights alternates from side to side like a railroad crossing flasher ??? I don't know if it's possible but they have become very popular in the real world and add a great deal of visual interest... Even the little GA planes are getting them...

I have the Flysimware Lear 35A and since the upgrade - the strobes are now visible inside the cockpit even during the day - pretty annoying - I'm guessing because it uses a default effect ? Are the original effects saved somewhere (assuming you swapped them) - that I could point this aircraft to them to fix it ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Simbol,

First off - I tried your package fairly recently - wow - I'm impressed - superb effort and I really like what I see... Thanks so much for doing a freeware version and sharing with the community - realize it's a prelude to a payware version...

Two things:

Have you ever looked into the wigwag landing lights - where the lights alternates from side to side like a railroad crossing flasher ??? I don't know if it's possible but they have become very popular in the real world and add a great deal of visual interest... Even the little GA planes are getting them...

I have the Flysimware Lear 35A and since the upgrade - the strobes are now visible inside the cockpit even during the day - pretty annoying - I'm guessing because it uses a default effect ? Are the original effects saved somewhere (assuming you swapped them) - that I could point this aircraft to them to fix it ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott 

Hi Scott,

Happy to see you here, many thanks for your compliments they are very much appreciated and I am very glad that you belong now to the FSReborn family.

Regarding your questions:

1) Wigwag landing lights:

I could implement these in further versions of the Profesional Edition (probably version 1.5 or 2) as I am very close to reach Alpha & Beta stage and I don't want to delay the project further, I gather mostly GA planes use these? alternatively you could give me list of Airplanes were you would like to see these landing lights types so I can add your requirement to the wish list.

2) Flysimware Lear 35A:

Yes, the lear 35A from Flysimware uses fx_strobe.fx which is a default effect, unfortunately the strobe effects are attached inside the model using default effects from P3D which is unusual for a payware. There was an user that reported this on the main AVSIM forums and after I gave him a couple of suggestions he was going to request from the original developer of this model to change the effects from default ones, I am not sure how far he got with his request.

Alternatively if you contact me via support@FSReborn.com, I can teach you how to HEX edit the model to change the strobe effect name so you can bypass this limitation, it takes less than 5 minutes.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Hello, Simbol.

I have an idea how to solve the problem of aircraft with flexible wings and it's strobes. But I do not know how to create effects.

Can you create an effect with an invisible light source, just a flash? If so, then we can try to attach the effect with the source to the wing , and write to cfg the effect of flash only.

4 hours ago, Enzzo said:

Hello, Simbol.

I have an idea how to solve the problem of aircraft with flexible wings and it's strobes. But I do not know how to create effects.

Can you create an effect with an invisible light source, just a flash? If so, then we can try to attach the effect with the source to the wing , and write to cfg the effect of flash only.

Hi Enzzo,

Many thanks for your interest and help offer but all my current efforts and resources are dedicated with the programming of the Profesional edition which resolves this problem using a different approach (without the need to edit any AI .MDL file as this would be against others developers EULA, etc.) as you will be able to change multiple effects setting for individual AI models when required.

All the best,

Simbol

The strobes seem to be causing illumination in all directions which is looking a bit out of place, on airliners they are placed on the outer forward corner of the wing which I imagine would have them mostly illuminate outward and bit in front than its own fuselage?

5 hours ago, him225 said:

The strobes seem to be causing illumination in all directions which is looking a bit out of place, on airliners they are placed on the outer forward corner of the wing which I imagine would have them mostly illuminate outward and bit in front than its own fuselage?

Hello there,

Many thanks for your message, I think it is important to clarify a couple of things:

1) The location of the strobes lights or any navigation lights for your AI traffic is totally dependant of your current AI Models configuration, AI Lights Reborn Free edition does not touch or edit in any way the location of your airplanes navigation lights. If you AI models have the location of the strobes lights miss placed you will need to correct them manually by editing your AI models aircraft config files or ask the original AI Model developer to provide you with corrections.

2) There are two types of strobe lights, the new technology which is based on LEDs (used by some new Airplanes models like the Boeing 787 Dreamliner) and the old technology which is based on xenon flash lamps, AI Lights Reborn Free edition is simulating Xenon Flash lamps which as you describe generate lights in all directions as the objective is to generate enough visibility in order to allow other pilots to see the aircraft at a reasonable distance to avoid collisions, so what  you are experiencing is totally based of real world operations, I leave you two videos so you can appreciate the similarity:

Video one: https://www.videoblocks.com/video/boeing-jet-lot-airplane-takeoff-night-strobe-lights-scgo4ffy-j23avtj6

Video Two:

Some users have asked to increase the intensity of the strobes, were other would like to reduce them, so as you must appreciate it is very difficult to accomplish all users taste with such a simple freeware, for this reason as I have explained many times on the forums I am developing a new tool called AI Lights Reborn Profesional Edition which will allow to change all sort of parameters for their AI Models Lights giving end users full control to change any required settings, including of course the intensity and size of the dynamic lights, textures, etc.

There will be a demonstration of the new add-on during the upcoming Flight Sim Expo in vegas.

All the best,
Simbol

Simbol is 100% correct.  Perhaps you're thinking of Navigation lights which are set for 120 degree arcs?  Nav Lights explained:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Two months since the official statement that the free version is compatible with the 4.3 release of P3D. Any news on the payware product? Does it progress well?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

37 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Two months since the official statement that the free version is compatible with the 4.3 release of P3D. Any news on the payware product? Does it progress well?

AI Lights Profesional Edition is currently on BETA testing, only current BETA testers or specific key members of the flight sim community who has signed strict NDA agreements receive specific details and notifications about this product.

It is also against our company policies and practices to make any public announcement regarding product release dates.

Many thanks for your kind understanding.

All the best,
Simbol

• Like 2

Full understanding here, I was just curious ;-) Thanks for the heads up.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 hours ago, Tevion12 said:

Any news? 

Bit further down in the forum:

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

On 8/25/2019 at 9:11 PM, Tevion12 said:

Any news? 

We are producing the video trailers, in the meantime I have updated the website to reflect the features that the professional edition will include with its initial release.

You read about them here: https://www.fsreborn.com/ai-lights-reborn-professional-edition

Regards,
Simbol