Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Thinking of purchasing the NGX for P3Dv4

Got the cash.

Someone talk me into the purchase. ...push me over the line...

spacer.png

just-do-it-gif-11.gif

• Upvote 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Yeah, just do it. It's a terrific aircraft in every regard.

Enough said.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

It's the only PMDG aircraft with a HUD. 'nuff said! :gaul:

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

57 minutes ago, odourboy said:

It's the only PMDG aircraft with a HUD. 'nuff said! :gaul:

Yes, as a simming fighter jock, the HGS is very interesting. ..

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

You know what you REALLY want is the Boeing 747-400.

Already have it...

spacer.png

On 14/09/2017 at 11:14 AM, Boomer said:

Got the cash.

Convince me to get the 777 (including the expansion for P3D) instead of Apple’s oral B case and I’ll convince you to get the 777. I have got $220 and I’m tossing up between the two. :)

Edited by Guest
Grammar

Pfft, to heck with Apple junk...get the P3D 773...DO IT...

spacer.png

Just now, Boomer said:

Pfft, to heck with Apple junk...get the P3D 773...DO IT...

Ahhhhh! I have one person in my ear to get the glorified Oral B case and a person saying “get the 777!”

Man, why is it always so hard to choose between two highly important things (because I always want to listen to music on my iPhone when I need to change it        >:( for myself! :P)

On 14/09/2017 at 11:14 AM, Boomer said:

Got the cash.

After falling back on my failsafe method of getting an answer on what to buy via my second favourite website (after PMDG.com, of course) http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html I got my answer;

I’m going for the Tripple, go to my sig and take a look at the link and inside of the folder, Prepar3D, look at the NGX shots. 

That should be more than enough reason to get the NG. 

:)       (I think it’s the most rewarding and most fun to fly out of the PMDG jet trio.)

The NGX looks great and is really fun to fly.  Definitely get it!  I still go back to it every second flight.

Essentially is bug-free, the autopilot and FMS are more advanced than the 777/747, and from a simulation standpoint, seem to work bug-free and really well.  It does LNAV/VNAV approaches beautifully.  It's a quirky mix of old and new, has lots of cool switches, and is different in operation/more manual than the 744/777.  It's the only FS aircraft (including PMDG things) I trust the automatics in.  HUD is good.  Sounds are excellent.  

Just get it.  If that doesn't convince you - have a look at this guy's photo blog.  He's a Qantas captain on the 737-800.  

https://www.facebook.com/Flap30greenlight/

Cheers,