Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Thinking of purchasing the NGX for P3Dv4

Does the weather radar work in the NGX with AS16?

spacer.png

Just now, Boomer said:

Does the weather radar work in the NGX with AS16?

Yes

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I own the 737, 777 and 747 for P3D.  To me, the 737 is hands down the most fun plane to fly.

• Upvote 1

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

For the RNAV approaches alone it's worth it (now mostly supported by Navigraph).  Once you fly into Queenstown in low visibility with fierce winds you will never look back.  IAN approach I believe its called?  Plus the 600 you can take off practically anywhere, the -800 Short Field Package likewise equals hours of fun.

If you're not married, buy it.

6 minutes ago, The Blue Max said:

If you're not married, buy it.

Well I am married, so whats your point, brother?

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Murawski said:

I own the 737, 777 and 747 for P3D.  To me, the 737 is hands down the most fun plane to fly.

+1

Add to Mike's list the MD11 (my first beta), the JS41 and the DC6 and yet the NGX is my favorite.  I have fun with it... got a BBJ livery for the B736 and fly it like my personal carriage.  While most NG real world flights are 2-3 hr it will comfortably fly ETOPS to the Hawaiian Islands from either West Coast or Alaska, in fact ASA does just that.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

His point is, if you're not married you have a better chance of affording it :biggrin:

As for it being on sale, don't hold your breath. I don't think I've ever seen a PMDG aircraft on sale.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

My point is your commitments may suffer once you have the NGX.  It's the most ridiculously addictive add-on I own.

The 737 NGX is a great blend of man vs. machine tasks.

It handles extremely well under manual control, and the HUD, while I don't use it all that often, has the ability to make nearly every hand-flown landing virtually perfect.

Of all their offerings, I would consider this one a must.

Mark Trainer

"I'm not saying I'm batman.....just saying we've never been seen in a room together...."

• Upvote 1

Buy it brother Boomer.  You won't regret it.  The HUD, dialing in ils frequencies, the AWESOME looking dark grey cockpit, the 600 expansion, the.......

• Upvote 1

Good morning brother Boomer.  Just finished a dawn KBOS to CYUL flight with a RNAV approach into thick fog flying the 736.  Used the HUD for final approach.  Pure flight sim nirvana.  Wait no longer!  Much better perfomance than the 744 for my FSX Steam machine.  No oom warning chimes in these conditions whereas the sim would have been near the crashing point in the Queen... (don't get me wrong the 744 is still my favorite plane!).  Have a great weekend.

• Upvote 1

Well I pulled the trigger...tonight I fly the NGX!

• Upvote 2

spacer.png