Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Thinking of purchasing the NGX for P3Dv4

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Well I pulled the trigger...tonight I fly the NGX!

giphy.gif

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

1 minute ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

giphy.gif

chad wiese dds:biggrin:

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

I originally purchased PDMG 737 about a year ago, and today was studying up on the use of CWS (Control Wheel Steering).  I can't believe I've never gotten around to learning about this tool that is incredibly useful.  I'd suggest to anyone not familiar with its use to google it, especially anyone new to the 737.   I've also flown the first tutorial in the manual an embarrassing number of times, highly suggest going through those too.

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

Boomer / Hawkeye - care to share any initial impressions of your 737 purchase?   Also, from what airport was your initial flight (just curious).

Mark Trainer

At work andso lemme get back to on that.  Short answer, still prefer the 744.

spacer.png

I bought the 777 originally. Flew it for about a year then switched to the 737.

The two most exciting times of flying any plane? The take off and landing.

The 777 (and I imagine the 747) are good planes, but they are long distance flights. Unless you use a time compression (I don't), you're flying for hours on end just to land the plane.

737? 1-5 hour flights, and experience the best part of the flight faster. 

I also felt the 777 was too automated for me. The 737 was a mix of automation vs non, and its a good blend.

I fly my 744 freighter on short hauls, say from KMEM>CYYZ, a FedEx route with Md11s.

spacer.png

I too have considered the NGX for a little while now.  I've been flying the 744 almost exclusively for about 10ish years now (both -400X and the new QII) and still love it.  I was looking for a new challenge aside from the Boeing line.  Something with short field capability to get into some of the more regional airports and such.  I ended up going in the regional turboprop direction.  I may still get the NGX but not sure yet.  Perhaps Boomer can provide pros/cons from a 744 point of view?

8 hours ago, 787WannabePilot said:

The 777 (and I imagine the 747) are good planes, but they are long distance flights. Unless you use a time compression (I don't), you're flying for hours on end just to land the plane.

Tell that to Japan Airlines and ANA, they both flew 747s on short domestic routes routinely back when they still had them. Narita to Kansai and back comes to mind.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

4 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Tell that to Japan Airlines and ANA, they both flew 747s on short domestic routes routinely back when they still had them. Narita to Kansai and back comes to mind.

There are exceptions to every rule. ;)