Sign in to follow this  
icemarkom

A Few Bugs (quirks?)

So, after a few flights, I noticed a few quirks, and quick read of the forum seems to indicate some of these are known, and will be addressed. Others, I have not seen.

1. FO does not react to "set seatbelts signs [on / off]", or any variation thereof.
  2. FO does not react to "turn strobes [on / off]", or any variation thereof.
  3. Something around setting the altimeters on the descent logic seems to be "off". Reading the tutorial, and trying to set the altimeters early, yields no action from FO. I still can't quite put my finger on this.
  4. During secure checklist, at IRS step, FO repeats "OFF OFF" twice very fast, but misses saying "Emergency Exit Lights". It could be the sound file is missing/is corrupt/misnamed (US voice set).
  5. This is true in all three FS2Crews I have (737, 777, 747): there seems to be a problem recognizing "v ref", or "v reference" in descent checklist. I even tried a native speaker (in a case it was my accent) say it, to no avail.
  6. For some, yet unknown reason, FO seems to always switch the altimeter from inches to hectopascals (in the US).

Now, regarding female FOs. First off - awesome! Thank you for including them.

But... (Everything before the "but" should be discarded - Tywin Lannister)

I am a little disappointed how "flirty" they seem to be. I work with professional engineers, some of whom are women, and if they talked like these FOs, I'd be very uncomfortable. It may be a matter of opinion, of course. On a related note, please consider using a more gender-neutral "they / them", instead of "he / him" in the documentation :-).

Edited by icemarkom
Added #6

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the report.  Most of those bugs are known.

We beta tested the product pretty hard prior to release, but no matter how hard you try, stuff always gets through.

They'll be fixed in SP1.

"Flirty FO females"...  Well, I don't really find that... but thanks for saying that :gaul:... it will probably boost sales by 10X :-) :laugh:

Cheers,

• Upvote 2

Oh, bugs are fact of life. Even the original "Hello World", as printed in K&R's first edition had one ;-).

That said - one more. 

On the ground, FO seems to not want to set com radio frequencies. At the same time, they're more than happy to swap them when asked. 

G'day Bryon

Something not overly concerning but a bug nonetheless. When selecting the "Cruise" message from the PA, it plays a turbulence related message instead - doesn't mention reaching cruise at all.

Cheers

Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

On 9/13/2017 at 10:07 PM, icemarkom said:

1. For some, yet unknown reason, FO seems to always switch the altimeter from inches to hectopascals (in the US).

I did not report this because I thought I was hitting a hotkey or doing something wrong, but I noticed this today as well.  Using US crew, every time anything came up that had to do with altimeter ... pre-flight ... climb transition ... descent transition ... she kept switching me to the Euro standard as well.

I do not find the F/O "flirty" at all.  I also fly in the real world and the only thing she sounds like is happy to be there.  Some of the other FS2Crew voices I've heard sound grumpy and I've always hated that.  Today was the first time I have flown in a long time where it sounded like the entire crew, including the Captain, were actually happy to be working that airline.  it was a refreshing change.  I will agree I have never ran into an Engineer that sounded happy, so that's probably why you aren't used to the voices of these pilots :)

"Set and checked" does not work for the flaps challenge either before take off or landing.