Sign in to follow this  
viperlid

747 crashing FSX

1 hour ago, viperlid said:

Thing is KB4038788 is still messing somehow with QOTS

I have to uninstall it every single time i rebbot/shutdown the system, because no matter what I do, windows always downloads the update. Ive tried all methods that internet suggests on how to avoid automatic windows updates, but so far is useless. It doesnt finalize the installation because I dont reboot the pc without removing said ill update.

I managed to be able to use the QOTS but I have to do this every single time I run FSX

so  the  update  that  ms   released   the other  day  hasnt  fixed  your  issue,  supposed to   fix  the  error,  dont  know  win10 at all,   is  there  a way  you  can  deleted  the  so called  kb  update  and  update   with  the  latest  fix  for  win  10?  maybe  some  one  else   can help

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i cant uninstall the KB4038788. Every Time, when i want to remove this Update, will windows reboot und undo the uninstall. It's not possible for me, to remove it successfully. Microsoft didn't fix this issue at the moment. They prefered releasing a new Insider-preview. At the moment, there is no workaround for me. I cant fly the latest 747. I must wait for a bugfix. I'll hope, that the problems will be fixed in the Fall Creators Update. 

just reinstalled it ( clean install  with only PMDG liveries ) again. it work fine.

but when i install liveries trough PMDG controll centerfsx  it crash during aircraft loading and this with any liveries.

If i try to uninstall liveries except Pmdg liveries it crash again.

the only way to do  is a full unistall and a reinstallation without adding liveries.

An other issue is with Norton antivirus and pmdg product . Norton  recognized every  pmdg product dll as a virus . i suggest to deactivate antivirus during simulation.

in ex it block 777 aircraft loading and crash FSX. if i disable Norton the aircraft is loaded.

I've tried to exclude Norton scanning for pmdg product but every time it recognized PMDG's as a threat. 

8 minutes ago, Walter Giuriati said:

just reinstalled it ( clean install  with only PMDG liveries ) again. it work fine.

but when i install liveries trough PMDG controll centerfsx  it crash during aircraft loading and this with any liveries.

If i try to uninstall liveries except Pmdg liveries it crash again.

the only way to do  is a full unistall and a reinstallation without adding liveries.

An other issue is with Norton antivirus and pmdg product . Norton  recognized every  pmdg product dll as a virus . i suggest to deactivate antivirus during simulation.

in ex it block 777 aircraft loading and crash FSX. if i disable Norton the aircraft is loaded.

I've tried to exclude Norton scanning for pmdg product but every time it recognized PMDG's as a threat. 

Just ditch Norton. Causes more issues that it worths.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

38 minutes ago, Walter Giuriati said:

...and this, ladies and gents, is why I've been so vocal about how awful these programs are.

Consider, for a moment, how many times they get in the way versus actually stop some sort of malicious program. Recently, it's been very lopsided toward just getting in the way, across the developer groups (Norton, McA, MalwareBytes, etc, etc). Unless you're a corporation who needs aggressive protection, and volume licenses, my suggestion is to ditch them and stick to Win Defender.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

across the developer groups (Norton, McA, MalwareBytes, etc, etc). Unless you're a corporation who needs aggressive protection, and volume licenses, my suggestion is to ditch them and stick to Win Defender.

I've run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (Paid version) for years with PMDG in FSX and P3d and have had no problems.  The only thing I do is exclude P3d and FSX in Windows Defender.   Once a month I do a full system scan with P3d and FSX included in the scan to make sure nothing has got in there.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

3 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I've run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (Paid version) for years with PMDG in FSX and P3d and have had no problems.  The only thing I do is exclude P3d and FSX in Windows Defender.   Once a month I do a full system scan with P3d and FSX included in the scan to make sure nothing has got in there.

Properly told off, they'll behave, but I'll let you guess as to how many people properly restrict the aforementioned programs from running wild...

I still think that, for home users, they're entirely worthless.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I have just started having the same issue... product has been fine up until today  what the heck can we do about it

Cliff

i tried the latest Insider-Preview (16296.0)... First PMDG-Start works with this Update and after a reboot... the same Issue

Edit: Next Try, i disconnected my Joystics (CH Pedals, Yoke and Throttle Quatrand), started my FSX and i can load my 747 in ESSA

who else with the Win10 problems can try it: Start the FSX without connected Joysticks, load the 747 v3 (i tried it with the Lufthansa), Start your flight and connect your Joysticks.

My Buttons and Axis are configured with FSUIPC

confirmed.

full reinstall of 747 without extra liveries all works fine.

Installed one livery  ------ crash during plane loading.

remove livery    crash again.

uninstall 747 and reinstall again. it work.

I think is a pmdg 747 issue with new liveries and operation center 

18 hours ago, Walter Giuriati said:

confirmed.

full reinstall of 747 without extra liveries all works fine.

Installed one livery  ------ crash during plane loading.

remove livery    crash again.

uninstall 747 and reinstall again. it work.

I think is a pmdg 747 issue with new liveries and operation center 

dont think so,

I tried the reinstall process and crashed anyway. Is an Issue of windows update affecting the proper operation of QOTS. IF it were the PMDG ops ctr and liveries, it would crash anytime with or without the windows updates. But 99% of us are temporary solving the problem by removing KB4038788. So, either end has to do something about it. And I definetly doubt that windows is going to modify and Update just because a few persons that happens to be flightsimmers cant use a program only half of them own. My bet would be on PMDG side. but who knows. By now I just added to my FSX checklist to remove the ill update before running QOTS, everysingle time since also Im unable to stop the download. I can stop the installation, but not the download.

cheers

Darn it, I should have read this post before buying the 747 -.- Have the same problem, FSX on WIN10 - first install of the 747 and FSX is crashing after selecting the aircraft... No liveries installed. I trie it now with new install of 747.

No success -

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Rhinozherous said:

Darn it, I should have read this post before buying the 747 -.- Have the same problem, FSX on WIN10 - first install of the 747 and FSX is crashing after selecting the aircraft... No liveries installed. I trie it now with new install of 747.

No success -

it happens  with other  aircraft  as  well  its  not  specific  to the 747

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg