Sign in to follow this  
viperlid

747 crashing FSX

On 9/15/2017 at 4:30 AM, 744 driver said:

Here is the update that I deleted:

2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788)

Just ran into this problem today, affecting only the 747v3 and DC-6, and only in 32 bit sims, P3Dv4 was fine.

Removing this windows update seems to have did it, working again now!

I'll see about the other fix mentioned in this topic, but not right now. :happy:

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

18 hours ago, 744 driver said:

See below. 

Also, read through the posts and find out how to stop the update from installing. 

Hello, thank you for your reply. I tried it before my comment here, but the problem is that I get an error saying that part of the update was removed but not all. Not sure why this is happening, but I can't fully remove it.

I have this problem too (in FSX, Windows7 with 747 and the 737), The sim crashes on exit.

This was always a problem with the 747, and lately with the NGX, when recently updated

• Upvote 1

Quick update on my behalf:

Microsoft provided a new update that I just installed yesterday. This update seems to correct the error apparently caused by some previous updates. All seems to be working fine again now even though I wasn't able to check everything by now

6 hours ago, mars03 said:

Any news about KB4038788?

Martin Streuter

read  the post above  yours

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 minutes ago, GermanCaptain said:

@bithunter_99 I got this as a regluar update for WIN7...it automatically installed

However, I now can't seem to find that specific update installed a t that speific date :O

far  as  i know  that update  is  for  win  10

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

far  as  i know  that update  is  for  win  10

Maybe there has been an update as well...All I know is that after installing that update, PMDG ran fine again over hours

2 minutes ago, GermanCaptain said:

Maybe there has been an update as well...All I know is that after installing that update, PMDG ran fine again over hours

there  has  been a  update  for  win 10  to  fix  the previous  update  that  was  causing  issues

Peter kelberg

Over the past few days, I too have been experiencing the same crash to desktop with the QoTS-II.  However, it (QoTS-II) seems to crash to desktop ONLY when I initiate FS-INN / FS Co-pilot.  I can get as far as selecting my airport and selecting the aircraft, but as soon as I initiate FS-INN/Co-pilot, the sim crashes. 

Post Script:  ---- AFTER Uninstalling Windows update KB4038788, my FSX seems to be working fine!  FS-INN / Co-pilot booted up without incident and all my other payware aircraft seem to be working as well. The issue, for me, MAY have been between FS-Inn, Co-Pilot, and possibly FSUIPC not playing nicely with Windows update KB4038788. -----

Eric Faber / QOTSII purchased 2/1/2017

Edited by Fly-Boy01
Update

Thing is KB4038788 is still messing somehow with QOTS

I have to uninstall it every single time i rebbot/shutdown the system, because no matter what I do, windows always downloads the update. Ive tried all methods that internet suggests on how to avoid automatic windows updates, but so far is useless. It doesnt finalize the installation because I dont reboot the pc without removing said ill update.

I managed to be able to use the QOTS but I have to do this every single time I run FSX