Sign in to follow this  
astroavion

Next fix question

I was making a flight on mynew Level-D B767 last night from KMIA to LIMC. There was a tight turn in the SID and the plane blew past the fix. I tried to get it to bypass the fix and go on to the next one, but I could not figure out how to do this on the FMC. I ended up doing circles around the Bahamas and ended up aborting the flight. How do I make it proceed on to the next fix, or any other future fix, for that matter?

Thanks,

Andrew

FMC legs page

Click the button to the left of the fix you want to go to (using next and previous to scroll through the pages as required)

Use next or prev to get back to page 1 (of Legs - look in the top right corner of the FMC it will say something like 2/3 meaning page 2 of 3 so press prev to make it 1/3)

Click the top left button on the FMC to move that waypoint to the top (this now makes it the next waypoint)

Click Exec (it should have a light on it)

Make sure you're in LNAV

This is a pretty standard way of going direct on any Boeing, very different to the Airbus.

Hope this helps,

Ian

• Upvote 1

Thanks, It was the 'moving it to the top to make it the next waypoint' was my trouble, I was on the legs page clicking away at the fix and the EXEC button was lighting up but when I pressed it I was getting nothing. Looking forward to trying this flight again tonight.

I

Thanks again, iwebber/Ian,

Andrew