Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Engine shut down and GSX issue.

Today I flew KJFK to TNCM with a relief flight. I use Saitek throttles and GSX for ground vehicles. 

So I got GSX to do the pushback fine at KJFK, I flew my route and landed ok, parked up and shut down the engines using the fuel control switches in the cockpit, all fine. However the GSX ground marshaller message kept coming up "Please shut down engines". Well I had, I even turned off all the power to the aircraft. I then wondered if this was something caused because the 747 has rotating fans in the engines, which if it is windy would slowly spin, could GSX think that is the engine still turning? I then tried F1 Throttle cut, and the throttle levers moved, mmmmm I tried F4 full throttle and the 747 started moving across the parking spot. Yes i know, all the power was off and engines stopped.

So probably there is something somewhere in the PMDG manuals about not using the F1-F4 throttle buttons, but I couldn't find it..............So I am not sure if the GSX thinking the engines are still running is a GSX issue or a PMDG one.............So I will ask here first.

Best regards.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

11 minutes ago, stretch1365 said:

parked up and shut down the engines using the fuel control switches in the cockpit, all fine

Actually clicking the controls in the VC or using hardware buttons?

Using FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi that was quick.

I was using the controls in the VC to shut the engines down. Also I do have FSUIPC as well.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

3 minutes ago, stretch1365 said:

Also I do have FSUIPC as well.

Temporarily relocate your FSUIPC.ini from the modules folder (usually best to just move it to the FSX root folder). Try to shut down the engines manually (using the switches in the VC), and then check to see if they're still running.

Kyle Rodgers

I moved the FSUIPC ini file to the fsx root folder and as you predicted GSX is working now, although I only loaded the aircraft at TNCM as I had it before, started the engines using the VC controls and moved a few feet forwards before shutting them down again.

I will have to look at the FSUIPC ini file and see if the 747 doesn't like a particular axis setting. I do have each aircraft type in fsx with it's own profile............Do you have any ideas before I start?

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

19 minutes ago, stretch1365 said:

Do you have any ideas before I start?

Not really. I avoid it, specifically for reasons like these...

Kyle Rodgers

I think I have it sorted.

Checked through FSUIPC and found in the Throttle Calibration two throttles had  the "filter" box ticked and two didn't. Unticked them all and seems to work now. I just repeated the same test as before. F4 and engines off in the VC and nothing, no movement of the aircraft. GSX works too. I guess having a throttle filtered caused the aircraft to detect a slight throttle response from the Saitek throttle and keep the engines running.

Anyway thanks for your help Kyle...........Much appreciated.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

48 minutes ago, stretch1365 said:

Anyway thanks for your help Kyle...........Much appreciated.

Welcome! Sorry I didn't have anything helpful for FSUIPC. I just don't use it, so I didn't want to offer up what little I do know about it as advice.

Kyle Rodgers