Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Update 12 Is Available Now In Flight Sim World

It's an exciting update this week, with changes to some niggling issues that have been around for a while now. 

Force Feedback
One of the larger ones is re-enabling force feedback. Which we initially disabled due to some users reporting issues where peripherals were causing crashes. This was due to legacy drivers conflicting with OS updates, and is unfortunately outside of our control. 

Force feedback will be disabled upon start-up (to avoid incompatible joysticks from ending up in a start-up crash loop). So it will need to be re-enabled when you start FSW. 

If you're using force feedback and experience a crash to desktop, then please send a DxDiag and the name of your Joystick to our support team at dovetailgames.kayako.com.

trueSky

• Aligns windshield raindrop behavior with external weather

Aircraft

PA-28 Cherokee

• Improved exterior glass appearance,
  • SSAO and transparency issues in external views are now resolved

PA-34 Seneca

• Balanced volume of AP disconnect audio

Passengers

• Additional pilot uniforms now available for male and female models

Workshop

• Add flow to highlight when selected aircraft add-ons haven’t been installed

Frontend

• You can now toggle and test force feedback compatibility

Peripheral Support

• Force feedback support re-enabled

Engine

• CTDs seen in title shutdown now fixed

User Interface

• New mission interface planned for update 11 has now been successfully integrated.

That's it for our the update this week, but don't forget to let us know if you've encountered any bugs in Flight Sim World.

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Great news, thanks again Cryss and all at DTG.

Cheers Cryss has the login been sorted yet I disabled it until it`s fixed.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

50 minutes ago, rjfry said:

Cheers Cryss has the login been sorted yet I disabled it until it`s fixed.

I think there's a workaround, if you skip the initial log in and then log in from within the game menu. It should stay logged in. 

First time I read the content of the update there was mention of support for Saitek / Logitech panels that will need a plugin from Logitech but that part has been removed.

What's happening Cryss?

Andy L

Update applied...FSW won't initialize, and run. Steam Error Box.

Running Validate Game Files routine as I type this...

It said 1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired.....probably the Update 12 itself....hmmmm....

No Joy....FSW is now totally non-running.  Borked....it will not initialize, even with validating. Update 12 download borked my copy.

Steam Error: Invalid Launch Option (Unknown Error).

Oh well....back to FSX:SE...lol.  Oh well....:gaul:

Post Edit. It is not the Steam server or anything else. Just checked my other Steam games, including a good start up on FSX:SE.  Just FSW is borked....only that. It had to have been the update....

No consolation, but update is working fine here.

Are you using Steam Beta by any chance? If so try opting out and try again.

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

26 minutes ago, Dusk_Reaper said:

No consolation, but update is working fine here.

Are you using Steam Beta by any chance? If so try opting out and try again.

Nope...not for FSW.  Was fine from purchase, all through the other updates. This one this morning borked my usage.

The only thing to do, is re-start my computer and try running it again.  If that doesn't do the trick...I'll let Dovetail figure it out.  I have other flight sims, LOL!

Post edit: Just re-started my computer.  Upon the Desktop...tried to fire up FSW.   Instantly, the Steam Error (Unkown Error) black box came up.  I tried my other three games....all intialzied, including FSX:SE.

Only FSW is borked....and will not run.

Second Validate Files, and all files are validated. FSW will not run.

On Steam forums they also suggest if you are not opted into the Steam beta then you should opt in and then opt out again which seems to fix the issue you are having with recent updates of other games also.

Open Steam...Left corner top > Steam > Settings > Account > Beta Participation

Worth a try maybe.

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

13 hours ago, Dusk_Reaper said:

On Steam forums they also suggest if you are not opted into the Steam beta then you should opt in and then opt out again which seems to fix the issue you are having with recent updates of other games also.

Open Steam...Left corner top > Steam > Settings > Account > Beta Participation

Worth a try maybe.

Well, I just got onto Steam this morning...and tried everything again. The last thing I did.....was to re-install the latest, constant Steam Client Updates...and after having done that, FSW loaded in. Funny, how only FSW was affected, but none of my other Steam purchases, INCLUDING, FSX:Steam. That ran, even after FSW would not last evening.  So...it is running again...but seems to have been an issue with the latest Steam Client Update.  Re-downloaded manually that...and FSW runs once more.

Hope this helps, somebody else...and thanks for all that suggested a possible fix path. Thank you!

Mitch

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AndyUK said:

First time I read the content of the update there was mention of support for Saitek / Logitech panels that will need a plugin from Logitech but that part has been removed.

What's happening Cryss?

Andy L

Needs a driver update from Logitech, waiting for it to go live. So had to remove it from notes for now. 

5 minutes ago, DTG_Cryss said:

Needs a driver update from Logitech, waiting for it to go live.

Hope I will soon be able to use my Saitek panels (Plug an Play) - without having to buy a third-party software.

Just an addition: 

Force Feedback Support
If you're finding there's no force feedback from your version of FSW then please try following these steps:

1) Open the start menu
2) Open "joy.cpl"
3) Select your joystick
4) Press all the buttons, twist and turn the stick in a variety of configurations
5) Press 'apply' 

This should resolve the issue, but let us know via Kayako otherwise.

On 15/09/2017 at 2:37 PM, DTG_Cryss said:

Just an addition: 

Force Feedback Support
If you're finding there's no force feedback from your version of FSW then please try following these steps:

1) Open the start menu
2) Open "joy.cpl"
3) Select your joystick
4) Press all the buttons, twist and turn the stick in a variety of configurations
5) Press 'apply' 

This should resolve the issue, but let us know via Kayako otherwise.

Plus, before you carry out any of the steps above, make sure that FSW is running and you're already in the cockpit, ready to fly.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit