Sign in to follow this  
panam

FSX-MS

OMM's i know there are lot of discussions going on with this issue. I have read last 2 weeks a lot of this discussions but do not find any help for the problem i do have.

The problem started 2 weeks ago after a flight from RJAA to KMSP with the PMDG 747V3. When i started the flight again to make a next  flight, after pushing back from the gate i got an OOM. since this time with the pmdg 747 v3 and pmdg 777 i do not get into the air anymore.

my VAS are eated up already loading flight simulator with. Starting the flight the system already block arround 1500 to 1800 VAS. Going to an airport e.g. KMSP VAS used are arround 2500 to 2800. Loading the the pmdg 747 i go down to free VAS of 700 and below. if i want to open the second screen with e.g. outside look i am in the 300 free VAS.

what is eating up RAM.

i saved my FSX.cfg file and delted it in order FSX is creating a new one. i followed the treat from AVSIM "FSX settings"  nothing is changing.

anyone have an idea why i am losing almost all VAS right in the beginning.

for any support i would be thankfull

thanks 

brgds

werner

12 minutes ago, panam said:

OMM's i know there are lot of discussions going on with this issue. I have read last 2 weeks a lot of this discussions but do not find any help for the problem i do have.

The problem started 2 weeks ago after a flight from RJAA to KMSP with the PMDG 747V3. When i started the flight again to make a next  flight, after pushing back from the gate i got an OOM. since this time with the pmdg 747 v3 and pmdg 777 i do not get into the air anymore.

my VAS are eated up already loading flight simulator with. Starting the flight the system already block arround 1500 to 1800 VAS. Going to an airport e.g. KMSP VAS used are arround 2500 to 2800. Loading the the pmdg 747 i go down to free VAS of 700 and below. if i want to open the second screen with e.g. outside look i am in the 300 free VAS.

what is eating up RAM.

i saved my FSX.cfg file and delted it in order FSX is creating a new one. i followed the treat from AVSIM "FSX settings"  nothing is changing.

anyone have an idea why i am losing almost all VAS right in the beginning.

for any support i would be thankfull

thanks 

brgds

werner

My suggestion to you...is to buy FSX:SE (Steam). It handles VAS differently than from the boxed (MS) version of same.  It doesn't cost a lot...but the perks and improvements are huge...with one more added benefit. No discs...and if you ever have your copy of FSX:SE become corrupt, or it CTD's...then you only have to load Steam...have it verify your install...and it will repair, groom your copy in the background while you do something else with your computer...and with no requirement from yourself. When it is done...all corrupted files will have been replaced...and you can then fire up FSX:SE at your will.

So many advantages to running with this version, VAS management included.

If you load an aircraft and your available VAS decreases by 2 GB, it's definitely the aircraft causing the problem. One solution to aircraft-related memory issues is shrinking the resolution of its textures by half*. This will decrease texture filesize (and a good part of the aircraft's memory impact).

Another workaround is using DirectX 10 mode**, which by design uses somewhat less VAS. You will still run out of memory when using lots of high resolution textutes though.

* http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=TM&Docs=TextureManager.pdf

** Hardly enjoyable in its default state and therefor will require a bit of monetary investment to be fixed up: https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

5 hours ago, panam said:

what is eating up RAM

It does not eat up RAM.  It eats up Virtual Address Space (VAS).  Microsoft Windows, 64bit, provides 4GB's of VAS per 32-bit applications.  When FSX uses up the 4GB's or gets very low of VAS, it will crash.  This is why many have moved to P3DV4.  A lot of people confuse VAS with RAM (which is the memory installed in your computer.  So, you could have 128GB's of RAM but FSX will still crash if it runs out of VAS.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some suggestions for monitoring VAS and to reduce the chance of an OOM.  High fsx and video card settings and tweaks are the common causes.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

thanks for your input. What i am wondering is that i had very seldem OOM's even on very long flights. It happened now after a flight from RJAA to KMSP. i have nothing changed or added.

strength for me

ok will thinkg about the