Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

P3Dv4 stops when trying to select airport.

I just installed P3Dv4 into my newly built system, but for some reason I am unable to change airports. Every time I click  on select airport button P3D stops working with an error message that there was an error in P3D.exe file.

It does not give me any other info!

The sim seems to load correctly, I am able to change settings and fly the default airport that the sim starts with, but when I try to change airports it stops! 

This sim ran perfectly on my old system. Any ideas as to why this is happening? 

• Like 1

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Any addons or is it completely vanilla? Could be scenery related? After the crash, check the Windows event log (google it for specifics) there should be something in there you can go off.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Thanks, Neil.

It was a vanilla install., I just reinstalled it and installed MyTraffic6  via the xml addon method. P3D recognized it and added it, but I'm still unable to change airports. Another problem I'm having is, the Scenery and Add-ons is not showing up in the Options Menu and I don't see it in the scenery.cfg file.  So I'm sure it is a scenery config problem, but how do I resolve it? 

This problem is driving me nuts, and to add to my frustration,  I tried loging in the Prepar3d support forum, but all the checks to get me recognized drove me crazy and finally locked me out for the session!

There's got to be a simple explanation, but I'm not seeing it :bengong:

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Hi Pete

try reinstalling the scenery section again from your P3DV4 install it will more than not tell you to repair it

John

Did you download via a download manager? Have you checked that what has downloaded/installed matches what is listed on the checksum on the Prepar3d website? If you go to the download section where there is a + next to the full install, open that and there is a list of everything that should be present. 

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, airservices said:

Hi Pete

try reinstalling the scenery section again from your P3DV4 install it will more than not tell you to repair it

John

Thanks John,

Did the reinstall of the scenery, still got same problem! P3D quits working when I click on change airports.

Pete S.

There has got to be a logical explanation why this anomaly keeps reoccurring! I've downloaded and reinstalled P3Dv4 several times now, but it still won't let me change airports!

I have built this new system specifically to run P3Dv4,  everything else is working great on it except P3Dv4!

I am thinking of Uninstalling P3D, purging every mention of P3D and Lockheed Martin from the system Registry manually. Maybe that will do it?

• Like 1

Pete S.

Hello Pete - sorry the below post is a bit lengthy but it is a straight lift from the Prepar3d forum until you can get your access sorted out - 

Edited by Poppet
Removed copy and paste and inserted Link

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks Ian, 

But this is mainly for people who are having problems installing P3D. I am not having that problem, P3Dv4 install and is running fine, as long as I don't try to change airport location, If i choose to fly the default Eglin AFB airport the sim runs without any problems. I am sure my problem lies somewhere with the Scenery cfg, because the Scenery library never opens in P3D.

That said, I will peruse the post closely and see if there is something in there that couds address my problems possibly caused  during install.

I appreciate you going to the trouble of posting this post from LM support site, and hopefully it will help.

Thanks again,

Pete S.

• Upvote 1

Pete S.

I finally got on the P3D support forum and reported my problem.

Hopefully they can figure it out! But I'm still open to suggestions from the GURUS on Avsim. :biggrin:

I'm not throwing in the towel!

Pete S.

Pete S.

11 hours ago, Pete S said:

Thanks Ian, 

But this is mainly for people who are having problems installing P3D. I am not having that problem, P3Dv4 install and is running fine, as long as I don't try to change airport location, If i choose to fly the default Eglin AFB airport the sim runs without any problems. I am sure my problem lies somewhere with the Scenery cfg, because the Scenery library never opens in P3D.

That said, I will peruse the post closely and see if there is something in there that couds address my problems possibly caused  during install.

I appreciate you going to the trouble of posting this post from LM support site, and hopefully it will help.

Thanks again,

Pete S.

No problem Pete, I am sure you'll be in business soon. Yes, i was looking at it from the angle of a faulty install was causing the problem.

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

18 hours ago, Ian S said:

No problem Pete, I am sure you'll be in business soon.

Ian

I sure hope so, I'm completely out of ideas. P3D Support hasn't got back with me yet.

Today I uninstalled and reinstalled it again( for the umpteenth time).  P3D still shuts down when I try to "Change Airport".

I tried installing it to different HDD, still the same problem.

Then I decided to try it on my old Win 7 64 PC. Installed it and it's running fine. Go Figure.

The only problem is, I built this PC specifically to run P3Dv4. It has all the lates and the greatest I could afford see my sig below.

And BTW.  FSX-SE Is running fine on it, 

• Upvote 1

Pete S.

5 hours ago, Pete S said:

I sure hope so, I'm completely out of ideas. P3D Support hasn't got back with me yet.

Today I uninstalled and reinstalled it again( for the umpteenth time).  P3D still shuts down when I try to "Change Airport".

I tried installing it to different HDD, still the same problem.

Then I decided to try it on my old Win 7 64 PC. Installed it and it's running fine. Go Figure.

The only problem is, I built this PC specifically to run P3Dv4. It has all the lates and the greatest I could afford see my sig below.

And BTW.  FSX-SE Is running fine on it, 

They are usually pretty good, maybe after the weekend you should a response. have you had it working on your new set-up before, what operating system is it, Windows 10 i presume if it is new?

Ian S

38.jpg

Same here for me, Vanilla Install, only the default Airport loads. Aircraft doesnt matter.

Hope there are sloutions soon

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ian S said:

They are usually pretty good, maybe after the weekend you should a response. have you had it working on your new set-up before, what operating system is it, Windows 10 i presume if it is new?

Ian,

Yes, Windows 10 Pro. I've had a couple of replies so far, but don't think they were fro P3D.  I've used up my Licence Activation allotment installing and reinstalling, so now I'll have to wait for a reset. 

This is really frustrating after having spent $1600+ building a new system for P3Dv4 and not being able to run it. It never ran on the new PC.  I tried installing it my old Win7 system and it's running fine, so it's not the install program.

1 hour ago, howy1 said:

Same here for me, Vanilla Install, only the default Airport loads. Aircraft doesnt matter.

Hope there are sloutions soon

Howy1,

Does your P3Dv4 quit when you click the Change airport Button?

When you load the default airport and click on Navigate in the pull down menu does it also quit immediately ?

Pete S.