Sign in to follow this  
LH450

Sound quality

As I'm used to great quality products from Fs2crew and love flying with it, so I just bought Fs2crew for PMDG QOTS II.

But I was suprised by sound quality! Sounds as if each sound was recorded in a bathroom!

Do you have the same surprise?

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png

I've noticed the same thing.  I use the UK FO and it sounds like it was recorded somewhere without sound absorption to negate a slight reverberation.  It could be the sound hardware/software config of my rig but I haven't had time to dig into it much.  Keep in mind this is my first FS2crew product (not counting RAAS) so I really wouldn't know if this is normal or not.

Enjoying it all the same though.

Have the same phenomenon on 3 voice sets. I don't have the same on Fs2crew for PMDG 777 for example.

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png

I use the US set and they sounded fine to me.  Granted there were a couple of sound files that suddenly sounded like they were a slightly different volume, but I had no reverb or tunneling issues and for the most part she sounds great. 

It may be hardware, though.  I use a Plantronics Gamecom 720 headset with 7.1 surround sound.  If folks can, post your hardware as well.  There might be a pattern?  But for me the US set at least sounds good.  I have not even tried the others yet.

The US set sounds fine to me also.  However, using button control the UK captains voice (on most but not very single phrase) almost sounds like it's been recorded in a tiled room.  Definitely somewhere with very little or no sound absorption.  You can definitely hear the contrast when the FO responds with a 'normal' ambience.

I have to agree with some of the critics here.

I'm using the US set and it sounds great in my opinion, but the others not so much.

Like someone said they sound like they were recorded in a bathroom. Very little sound absorption.

Please tell me you are just adding voices and not taking the current ones away.  I think that's right but just wanted to clarify that SP1 is just adding and not replacing.

16 minutes ago, Faelandaea Dravin said:

Please tell me you are just adding voices and not taking the current ones away.  I think that's right but just wanted to clarify that SP1 is just adding and not replacing.

Adding voices, not taking away.  Don't worry.

You're getting free new voices.

Sweeeeeeet.  That makes me as happy as a redneck finding a dumped couch in the median of a highway in the middle of nowhere.  :)