Sign in to follow this  
PT6

Screwed by smaller store :/

I just brought the Learjet 35 from SimShack.net (its listed as a reseller on the product page) and the purchase went without a hitch but the latest version they have is V2.9 which does not work in P3D v4, whereas flightsimware has released a V4 version of their product on their page (V3 of the product is the latest.) This wouldn't be too much of an issue but I only have a Prepar3d V4 license (and my fsx is so broken, it crashes every 5 mins) so I'm screwed until simshack finally updates their download. I contacted flightsimware directly but their was no luck with that he just said we can't give you a direct link for the new version and you have to download it from the store you brought it from and he mentioned that it usually takes around 1-4 weeks, not a big deal until I see and its almost been a month since the latest version of the LJ 35 came out. So yeah :/ this is annoying.

I basically made this post to try and warn consumers from buying from really small re sellers and to maybe get FSM or Simshack to try and fix this stupid issue.

Some other shops only updated it last and this week, too, and since the release happened just 3 weeks ago, this is well within the "usually 1-4 weeks".

But yes, it can be annoying, and the general recommendation is to buy directly from the primary source if you want to have early access to updates.

Meanwhile I suggest you contact simshack in a friendly manner to remind them that you need the update to be able to use it at all, maybe that helps accelerating the process :)

• Upvote 1

PC aviator Australia only updated it in the last 2 days

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

7 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

PC aviator still has not updated it. 

I just downloaded it from PCA.  It is the new 3.0 version.

Edit to add:  This was from the US PC Aviator.

Some retailers are just slower than others when it comes to updating product versions.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I had the same problem with SimShack.net, they did not update for more messages that I sent them.

until I talk to flysimware support and explain my case and I registered on their sales page to be able to download the updates because SimShack.net did not respond either to me or to them.

Regards

Good news, after 5 days of silence, they sent me a ticket response saying that it will be updated first thing tomorrow morning.

On 19/9/2017 at 4:11 AM, nard1o said:

Good news, after 5 days of silence, they sent me a ticket response saying that it will be updated first thing tomorrow morning.

updated it?