Sign in to follow this  
Conner Pierce

CDI Glideslope Not Working

Howdy, I have noticed the CDI's GS is not active during a LPV approach using the Flight 1 GTN. The GS is not flagged, and the CDI mode is set to GPS. I've tried this on several approaches with no luck. I can get the GS to work on an ILS approach. However, the autopilot will not "follow" the GS on approach mode. I am using P3D V4, DC-6, Flight 1 GTN650, Windows 10. 

Hi Conner, how have you installed the GTN650?  Are you using the Flight1 tool for that or using the PMDG method?  I assume the GTN lateral guidance is available on the CDI.

To be honest, I beta tested the GTN with DC6 in P3Dv3 only.  I haven't paid the ransom to get the GTN compatible with P3Dv4 yet and cannot verify that LVP works.  Maybe you should contact PMDG directly at PMDG Product Support on a trouble ticket and include the method you use to install the GTN into the DC6.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Hi Conner, how have you installed the GTN650?  Are you using the Flight1 tool for that or using the PMDG method?  I assume the GTN lateral guidance is available on the CDI.

To be honest, I beta tested the GTN with DC6 in P3Dv3 only.  I haven't paid the ransom to get the GTN compatible with P3Dv4 yet and cannot verify that LVP works.  Maybe you should contact PMDG directly at PMDG Product Support on a trouble ticket and include the method you use to install the GTN into the DC6.

Howdy, @downscc, I installed the GTN via Flight1's installer. It is the new version (I couldn't help myself and spent the $20 :D..) I just submitted the ticket via the PMDG support system. I will post back here once I find out more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Conner Pierce said:

Howdy, @downscc, I installed the GTN via Flight1's installer. It is the new version (I couldn't help myself and spent the $20 :D..) I just submitted the ticket via the PMDG support system. I will post back here once I find out more. 

Thanks for reporting this Conner. I have the same issue.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Try going to: System -> GPS Status -> SBAS (bottom row button)

Check that the following buttons are selected green: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN

David Porrett

2 hours ago, DavidP said:

Try going to: System -> GPS Status -> SBAS (bottom row button)

Check that the following buttons are selected green: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN

These have been checked green. 

I am having this exact problem with my gtn 650 on the dc6 from pmdg on p3d v4. I cannot get GS to activate. Im trying to read the garmin trainer manuals but I cant really figure it out. Did anyone come up with the solution? BTW also on my gtn650 the WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS and GAGAN are checked (green). 

I have tried both gps and ils approaches, but its only the lateral part of the signal that is captured. The GS indication on my analogue glass instrument doesnt move. On ils approaches there is a small little line with arrows on both ends on the right side, and the gs needle is staying still just below center. On GPS approaches the little line with arrows is not present, but the gs needle doesnt move. In all cases, there is a white dot on the top left below the greyed out VLOCK and GS indications. The Vlock and GS indications never light up. What am I doing wrong? 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Not doing anything wrong. Enabling the VNav deviation indication when flying with the GPS needs to be implemented with next update, When I do not know.

• Upvote 1

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Thanks, Alexander. I'm glad this info is now available on this forum since I spent countless hours scratching my beard and reading manuals trying to understand what I was doing wrong. Now I know that the product has a non-functioning gs indicator when used in combination with the GTN unit. Just for clarification: does the gs indicator work correctly with the default gps unit in p3d v4?

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas,

For ILS approaches with VLOC it works fine as I send you the pics at the ticket.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Just so people know what was said in the pmdg support desk: It should be possible to set the GTN to VLock and by tuning the ils frequency get a normal localizer and glideslope capture "on the needles". As i said to Chris Makris, I already tried that yesterday without success, but I will of course try it again. I will report back on the issue.

Btw, Chris, is this the intended way of the system to work with GTN integration, or is there a bug that is going to be fixed?

Andreas Stangenes

As Alexander said the only bug we are aware and is in the to fix list is that there is no vertical guidance for LNAV/VNAV or LPV approach

From my flight today at intercept course with ILS

2.jpg.2c5dba609db23c25f41a85b77ba617cb.jpg

Chris Makris

I tried tonight doing an ils with the gtn unit in vlock mode. Both my lateral and vertical needles did not work at all in this mode with the nav radio tuned to the ils freqency. I will show screenshots later (i fly in vr so its a bit of a hassle doing screens). 

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas,

i beleive there are settings on gtn as well from the gtn configurator I will check on my fs pc tmr and post them 

Chris Makris

I had problems with A2A airplanes using the GTN750 to follow the GPS route and learnt that in the GTN config tool I had to set the CPU cores to „ALL“ (default is „AUTO“ or something like that. Maybe this helps...