Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

QW 787 User Manual is available for DL

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

We couldn't get off page one without an attack to another poster? In fact, HighTowers view is similar to mine. However, we are expressing our OPINIONS. The only terrible post would you be attacking someone for their opinion.  Quality, in this case, is in the eye of the customer. If a plane does something basic in the sim that it shouldn't do IRL (starting with packs on in this case) is it really "Quality"? As for your "facts" they ARE NOT "facts". Your definition of quality is subjective.

Anyways, their subsequent Bae/Avro was much better and I'm expecting the 787 to raise the bar again.

On topic: I'm willing to purchase the 787, but I'm not sure if it is study sim quality ( and in all honesty; it doesn't need to be a study sim). Doesn't mean it won't' be great, but I am expecting better than the very good Avro series, Kudos to QW for putting out the paint kit and documentation. 

So. It's ok to 'attack' a reputable software company, but not  refute a fellow poster's comments, with facts?  I understand you're expressing your opinion; after all, that's precisely what I did.  Btw, I never attacked the poster...I questioned the post, which IMO is nonsense.  

Its tiring when posters attack software companies because they CHOOSE to produce aircraft that are not 'study level.'  I don't know how many times this has to be stated; we represent the minority.  There is a large segment of our hobby that prefers less sophisticated aircraft.  To suggest those companies don't care about 'quality' is nuts, they just have a different mission/goal...and that's ok!

Matt King

Even the term Study Level is subjective.  As far as I'm concerned, Study Level means that everything works in the modelled aircraft, failures are modeled, the systems react under all conditions (including failures), and one can perform 90% of the FCOM or better.  There are some real world sims that don't meet this criteria!

What I prefer is the term "High Level" sim, which I use in a broader context, and is meant to define an aircraft where a sim pilot is able to perform all the normal and routine flight deck operations that would take place on a normal flight.  Where airliners are concerned this this would include all the PMDG aircraft, Aerosoft Airbuses, Aerosoft CRJ, most all the Quality Wings line, Captain Sim, Leonardo, Majestic, TFDi Design B717, and a few others.  Sure, it's a pretty broad category, but all real world aircraft types aren't created equally.

-------------------------

BRAVO to everyone who mentioned that attacking our fellow users and our developers is just not right - whether anyone here intended to or not.  It makes my day when I see someone care about those issues in our community.  None of us should stand by passively on things like that.

We should all be quick to apologize when necessary, just admit when we're wrong about something. People will think much more of us for doing so.

Best wishes to everyone.

• Upvote 5

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There is something about QW's manuals that rub me the wrong way.  Maybe there is too much wasted space on each page, which then translates into the manuals containing many more actual pages than they should.  Can't put my finger on it.

I think it's out!

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed direct link as it's against Avsim TOS

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Not sure why anyone would still fly FSX but good for QW for getting it released - it's a neat airliner I'd like to buy for P3D someday.

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Not sure why anyone would still fly FSX

There are actually a LOT of people still using FSX and the forecast is for this to continue for the foreseeable future. Due to the low entry cost of FSX:SE, it's a terrific entry level / market generator for flight sim.

Quality Wings has had the 787 in development for quite a long time (I believe they even stopped and restarted developement some years ago), so I respect the fact that they chose to continue work on the FSX variant and push it to release.  When developers change course in mid-stream, products just get terribly delayed.

That said, I too look forward to the QW787 in P3DV4, and can't wait to help out with their Shared Cockpit - game changer for them!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Terrible Post...the 757 was modeled a decade ago; at the time, QW's mantra was "complexity simplified."  To that point, they created a mid-range, 'quality' aircraft that represented great value (e.g. 3 models for the price of one).  After the 757, QW dropped the "complexity simplified" model and produced a sophisticated aircraft (i.e. BAE 146); this aircraft demonstrated the evolution of the QW team.  Moreover, it demonstrated a shift away from 'simplified' aircraft to more sophisticated simulations.   No doubt QWs evolution will be reflected in their latest rendition. However, the notion, or suggestion, that QW has not produced "Quality" aircraft is complete nonsense.  In point of fact, they produced quality aircraft based on a predefined design model that was aimed at a different segment of simmers.  After all, our hobby encompasses more than just 'hard core' simulation fans.  I bet many simmers enjoyed QW simplified 757 model...

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Even the term Study Level is subjective.  As far as I'm concerned, Study Level means that everything works in the modelled aircraft, failures are modeled, the systems react under all conditions (including failures), and one can perform 90% of the FCOM or better.  There are some real world sims that don't meet this criteria!

What I prefer is the term "High Level" sim, which I use in a broader context, and is meant to define an aircraft where a sim pilot is able to perform all the normal and routine flight deck operations that would take place on a normal flight.  Where airliners are concerned this this would include all the PMDG aircraft, Aerosoft Airbuses, Aerosoft CRJ, most all the Quality Wings line, Captain Sim, Leonardo, Majestic, TFDi Design B717, and a few others.  Sure, it's a pretty broad category, but all real world aircraft types aren't created equally.

-------------------------

BRAVO to everyone who mentioned that attacking our fellow users and our developers is just not right - whether anyone here intended to or not.  It makes my day when I see someone care about those issues in our community.  None of us should stand by passively on things like that.

We should all be quick to apologize when necessary, just admit when we're wrong about something. People will think much more of us for doing so.

Best wishes to everyone.

There was no intent on my post to bash QW.  I merely mentioned that the 757 was IMO a very basic systems level aircraft. Was fun to fly as a 757 but was extremely simplified.  The Avro and BAE 146 was better but still quite simplified.  This 787 looks really great and looks way ahead of anything they did before. Alot of progress for them and cant wait to fly it. 

If someone doesnt like the level of systems, and wish to fly more default stuff, hey thats fine and totally up to them. But the previous aircraft didnt exactly exude quality for what I prefer to fly. So Im very pleased judging by the pics and previous video teasers it really does show a well polished product. Should be a successful launch for them

Wish everyone well.

Cheers

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I worry that i will wait for ages to get my 146 P3D3&4 version...

Now dev will be busy with 787P3D ver., bug fixing and so on

Artur 

A couple of very welcome integrations (Active Sky and Navigraph), along with an EFB full of features, make this a very interesting title. Hopefully Bryan York from FS2Crew will get his hands on an SDK sooner than later. 

The 787 is listed on the flight1 site but download is not ready yet. $70 for FSX so I'm guessing $100 for P3D.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

49 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Not sure why anyone would still fly FSX but good for QW for getting it released - it's a neat airliner I'd like to buy for P3D someday.

Agree. You can only go backwards with FSX. Wish the developers would abandon FSX all together and focus on the new .

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are actually a LOT of people still using FSX and the forecast is for this to continue for the foreseeable future. Due to the low entry cost of FSX:SE, it's a terrific entry level / market generator for flight sim.

Quality Wings has had the 787 in development for quite a long time (I believe they even stopped and restarted developement some years ago), so I respect the fact that they chose to continue work on the FSX variant and push it to release.  When developers change course in mid-stream, products just get terribly delayed.

That said, I too look forward to the QW787 in P3DV4, and can't wait to help out with their Shared Cockpit - game changer for them!

I can get on board with most of that.  It's probably widely used especially where people arent really aware of addons or are only using the base sim 

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does anyone know if there will be an upgrade path to P3D V4 if u purchase for FSX?

Matt Wilson