Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS V2 and GTN database update

[edited]

2 hours ago, DaedalusX said:

Also it is true that the latest post 2016 WW navdata doesn't carry runways less than 4000' which is easily fixed by using either the AMR database (Americas) or the Euro database, depending on your flying region.

Are you talking about the $195.00 version that I found?

3 hours ago, DaedalusX said:

Lets just say if you had a Garmin G600 on your private plane, which uses the GNS 530/430W database, in North America, you'd use this file from Garmin: https://avdb.garmin.com/jg600-amr-1710.exe

Unfortunately, my GNS does not know what to do with this navdata file.  :huh:

I extracted the navdata from the TAW file, renamed it to Worldwide.bin - but, no cigar..

My GTN is OK with it, however.  :cool:

Bert

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Unfortunately, my GNS does not know what to do with this navdata file.  :huh:

I extracted the navdata from the TAW file, renamed it to Worldwide.bin - but, no cigar..

My GTN is OK with it, however.  :cool:

seems like the mods are editing posts for a lot of obvious reasons but let's just say that file need to be modified and you can probably google it and figure it out. Good luck. 

Not sure you are telling us the whole story... newer Garmin navdata files appear to work with the GTN Trainer, but not with the GNS Trainer..

That is where we are stuck.

"You can probably figure it out" is not going to help us here..

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure you are telling us the whole story... newer Garmin navdata files appear to work with the GTN Trainer, but not with the GNS Trainer..

Hang tight I'm going to PM you.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Hang tight I'm going to PM you.

OK - AMR is the Americas database.. anyone know what the European data might be called?

EER does not seem to be it..

Bert

the complete list :

atl - atlantic
atln - atlantic north
atls - atlantic south
eer - europe and eastern europe
mea - middle east and asia
amr - americas
amrn- americas north
amrs- americas south
pac - pacific
pacn - pacific north
pacs - pacific south
int - international
tatl - Transatlantic
can - Canada
ww - worldwide
ue - usa and europe 
uep - usa and europe with PowerLine
us - usa
eur - europe bis (and obstacles)
atl30, atl9 (atlantic terrain 30" and 9" arc)
amr30, amr9 (americas terrain 30" and 9" arc)
pac30, pac9 (pacific terrain 30" and 9" arc)

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

18 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If I recall Garmin made changes to the database format after a GTN software update (forget which one) which rendered the database incompatible with the GNS. Could have been the 6.21 update - not sure.

David Porrett

I seems to me that the most comfortable place to be, is with the 1513 or 1601 WW database.

It still has all the small (<4000 ft runways) airports included, and is indeed Worldwide.

Later navdata sets appear to be either regional (which means you have to decide which one to use, unless you always fly at the same location) or, if using the WW dataset, the smaller airports are not included..

Bert

Bert, do you have that 1513 or 1601  DB available?  I can't find the older GTN Trainer 6.1 and 6.2 will not work for me.   I wish I could figure out a way to get my regular GNS 530 DB update from Garmin to work with my sim RXP GNS.  I pay enough for those updates and it sure would be nice to have them in the sim.  They typically go straight to the 530 datacard.  I need to see if there is a way to save them and use.  The <4000 runway length will not be an issue for me since I mainly use my sim for IFR practice.

14 minutes ago, Air_n_water said:

Bert, do you have that 1513 or 1601  DB available?  I can't find the older GTN Trainer 6.1 and 6.2 will not work for me.   I wish I could figure out a way to get my regular GNS 530 DB update from Garmin to work with my sim RXP GNS.  I pay enough for those updates and it sure would be nice to have them in the sim.  They typically go straight to the 530 datacard.  I need to see if there is a way to save them and use.  The <4000 runway length will not be an issue for me since I mainly use my sim for IFR practice.

Send me a PM with your email address for instructions on using your RW data.

Bert