Sign in to follow this  
vortex681

Force feedback?

Just installed Update 12 but I'm still not getting force feedback. I have Haptic\FFB enabled in FSW but all that happens is that the centring spring force (which was there prior to Update 12) disappears but there are none of the normal feedback forces. I'm using an MS FFB 2 joystick with Windows 10, 64 bit (fully updated) and no additional drivers for the joystick. The joystick is confirmed working in FSX.

Anyone getting force feedback now?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just had a play with one in the office, it wasn't working for me initially, then I tried the following steps and I had my Joystick bucking like a bronco in no time (I was also flying in severe wind). 

Can you try the following steps:

1) Open the start menu
2) Open "joy.cpl"
3) Select your joystick and click properties
4) Press all the buttons, twist and turn the stick in a variety of configurations
5) Press 'apply' 

Then try again and let me know! 

• Upvote 1

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Still no luck, I'm afraid.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Finally got it working! You seem to have missed out a few vital steps, for me at least. Your procedure works only if you are already in the cockpit ready to fly in FSW and then you go back to the desktop and carry out your steps. This all appears unnecessarily complicated each time you want to fly with force feedback.

Will there be any attempt to streamline this process in a future build as none of the other sims seem to need this to enable FFB?

3 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Will there be any attempt to streamline this process in a future build as none of the other sims seem to need this to enable FFB?

Probably as in the first version you didn't need to do anything like that.

21 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Yes, we're looking into why you need to do things outside the sim for something that should be natively supported. 

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Great. Thanks for responding.