Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Harbor Springs, Michigan KMGN

If you own a motorcycle, you really want to tour the Tunnel of Trees, starting in Harbor Springs, Michigan.  Just came back from it last week...toured with three other couples. Had a blast!

Great touring, great dining, beautiful sandy beaches, as can be seen here....etc and etc....great place for a weekend getaway, Michiganders!

XP11 Ortho really captures the real town, and area....here's a few having just taken off from KMGN,  Hope you enjoy the view!

http://mynorth.com/2017/05/guide-to-a-scenic-michigan-getaway-m-119-tunnel-of-trees-in-harbor-springs/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cessna_172_SP_217.png

Cessna_172_SP_218.png

Cessna_172_SP_219.png

Cessna_172_SP_220.png

Cessna_172_SP_211.png

Cessna_172_SP_212.png

Cessna_172_SP_213.png

Cessna_172_SP_214.png

Cessna_172_SP_215.png

http://mynorth.com/area/harbor-springs-michigan/

• Upvote 2

Been up and down it many times, did you stop by Leggs Inn in Cross Village for some Polish "good eating"? You using Mega Scenery?

Ken Heibel

26 minutes ago, khiball said:

Been up and down it many times, did you stop by Leggs Inn in Cross Village for some Polish "good eating"? You using Mega Scenery?

Nope, we didn't get in there, the weekend was quite busy.  Took in Traverse City on the way back...did the bars and bistros!  Had a blast...the Tunnel of Trees were just turning color...

BTW, Leggs Inn had some good room rates last weekend....$129.00 and this time of year...is a fair price! :) Tons of fellow riders....:))))

"Oh...and my wife is Polish....a blue-eyed, blonde beauty....and between her, and my mother-in-law...I get great authentic Polish delicacies, all the time! :))))"

Like the Cajun's, the only thing true Polish cuisine doesn't use of the pig....is the squeal!

Those are my own generated Ortho4XP tiles.

Very nice!  Sadly I cannot get the Photoreal scenery app to work.  I get a script error when I try to run it and I have no idea what is causing it.  I've tried updating both apps in my path, but no go.  Although I am an admin on my computer, Win 10 will only let me update the user path, not the system path.  I've granted full user rights to apps and still no go.

It's hard for me to follow the youtube videos, I have some vision problems and I just can't see what is going on.  I've searched for a step by step install guide but to no avail.  Been trying for a week now to get this working.

John

6 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Very nice!  Sadly I cannot get the Photoreal scenery app to work.  I get a script error when I try to run it and I have no idea what is causing it.  I've tried updating both apps in my path, but no go.  Although I am an admin on my computer, Win 10 will only let me update the user path, not the system path.  I've granted full user rights to apps and still no go.

It's hard for me to follow the youtube videos, I have some vision problems and I just can't see what is going on.  I've searched for a step by step install guide but to no avail.  Been trying for a week now to get this working.

John

Sorry to read of your troubles in this, John.

I suggest there is great and communal help at the .org Forums for this program.  I suggest you post your exact script problem(s) and the dev himself, Oscar, will and can assist you, if he is available, as well as others much more knowledgeable than myself. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90469-ortho4xp/

1 hour ago, JAT said:

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

Thank's JAT.  Michigan has many wonderful places, and it's too bad, that still quite a few people, have the old 70's and 80's Detroit inner city 'tag' that is assigned in their minds,  to the whole state. Michigan can hold its own against anything on the East Coast, or West Coast for that matter!!!

Once you are 60 miles north, or west of inner-city Detroit, proper.....Michigan becomes green, green, and green....:) Urban sprawl gives way to sleepy turn-of-the-century, main-street towns (where quite a few made for tv and movies are shot!), etc.

Some of the places that I love to travel to, is Massachusetts, Maine, and in Canada, is Nova Scotia.  Why do I bring theses states and a province up?   Well...if you go to the area of Traverse City, Michigan, it is a mirror copy of what you will find along the seaboard.  Quaint sleepy bays and harbors, same look and feel to the city and town-scape, same 'feel' to the shopping, dining, etc.  Traverse City is one of our favorite places to vacation at, as well as camp, by car or motorcycle.  Lake Michigan on its east coastline, has very deep water-swells, that can cause waves to climb to 5 or 6 feet (or more) on windy or pre-storm days.  I use to surf around Maibu, and Zuma Beach, Californina as a teenager, and still have my surfboard from those days.  You should see the smiles I garner, when I (just like a kid...) take to those Lake Michigan waves and surf for whatever ride they afford.

Big bonus to surfing in Michigan...no marine critters that can see you as on the dining menu.  I've already been bitten/attacked once at 13 years of age at Santa Monica....so this is a huge bonus for me.  Musky and Sturgeon only prefer other game fish, baby ducks,  baby geese,  any size of sea-gull,and the occasional small dog (yep...unfortunately...)!

Cheers, 

Anyway...

14 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Hi John,

I wrote a basic step-by-step tutorial for Ortho4XP for Windows here:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, AA777-223 said:

Sesquashtoo, your XP11 pics are looking very good!

Thanks, I feel Ortho4XP is the one must-have companion software for XP11.

I think the two of them together, is the one-two knock out graphic punch, into the first round..... :cool:   It's about as near to real-world flying as I have been felt to feel within a flight sim.

Right now, I creating 4 tiles around Warsaw, Poland using PL as the source.  Looking forward to flying those four later on tonight! Generating at zl17/19/2.