Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

MSE Southern/Northern California V3 Released

Just released for FSX/P3D.  I have purchased and currently installing both for just P3DV4.  Got both for 50% off as I'm a previous owner (plus $10 off since I bought both areas).  For FSX, I'm going to continue to use Orbx/FTX Northern and Southern California as well as all of the other FTX regions.  I was disappointed with the previous two versions of MSE California but currently only using GEP3D and UTX2 and wanted a bit more realism.  FTX has too many compatibility problems with P3DV4 and surrounding airports.  I think they need to run scripts for airports where they might have compatibility issues (such as FSDT KLAX, FSDT KLAS, KBUR, T2G KSAN, etc.). 

Can't wait to see what the latest MSE version of Southern/Northern California looks like!

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 15.9.2017 at 10:43 PM, Jim Young said:

Can't wait to see what the latest MSE version of Southern/Northern California looks like!

Hi Jim,

how is your experience with it? I have the older Bluesky Cal scenery and plan to buy this latest MSE offer too

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Apologize for the delay in responding.  When I first installed the SoCal, I was not excited with it as I saw a lot of "the blurries" and the area around San Francisco seemed washed out with a lot of white.  Lots of blurries in the LAX area too plus I do not like the "green" green.  But, since then, I have lowered my settings considerably and it is not as blurry anymore as the textures render pretty fast.  I also think I need to play with my Gamma in the display settings.  I have not gone much into the NoCal area other than the Oakland area but it appears much like SoCal.  High settings will cause "the blurries" and it is pretty much permanent as, with max settings, I have hovered over the area waiting for the rendering and it doesn't happen.  I have sort of a very powerful computer system.  Fortunately, you do not have to have very high settings for clarity with photoscenery.

I have been using GEP3D and UTX2 and they look just as good if not better.  I do not live in California so have no idea what it looks like in real life on the ground or in the air so having photoscenery is not a necessity.  Still I have owned every version of MSE SoCal/NoCal as I like flight plans in and out of California.  I will leave both NoCal and SoCal installed.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim for your reply. I guess I will stick with the bluesky scenery then. It works out of the box and isn't too bad in P3D 3.4, which I'm still using.

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks Jim for your reply. I guess I will stick with the bluesky scenery then. It works out of the box and isn't too bad in P3D 3.4, which I'm still using.

Bernd

A good choice!  The only real reason for going to MSE SoCal or NoCal would be fact the product aerial image is from 2016 and more updated from previous products.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I got the ultimateVfr version of socal and it adds so much more than just photoreal terrain.  Check it out. Has some nice autogen to go with it as well. Just seems they dont market it very well but in my opinion better than any other option 8ncluding bluesky, megascenery and orbx landclass based scenery

mike